Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 11-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #41
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Well that's good to know that the Kuchareks are indeed real. I wish they'd put out more statues, even if it's not with Bowen. I know nearly all of my favorite Bowen statues were done by them.
Likewise. Retro Cable. Hulkbuster. Apocalypse. Bishop. Mojo. Nova Modern. Spider-Man Modern. Iron Man Modern. Sauron. Sandman. M.O.D.O.K.

Those bros are incredible.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #42
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I have to say after all the issues with Sideshow pieces I am really starting to think I should just keep all my Bowen which have no issues with the exception of a few and then sell the Sideshow pieces to fill the Bowen gaps I have. There would likely be money left over for bills as well. I honestly don't understand why anyone would sell the Bowens over other pieces given that they look great and really stand the test of time.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #43
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
I have to say after all the issues with Sideshow pieces I am really starting to think I should just keep all my Bowen which have no issues with the exception of a few and then sell the Sideshow pieces to fill the Bowen gaps I have. There would likely be money left over for bills as well. I honestly don't understand why anyone would sell the Bowens over other pieces given that they look great and really stand the test of time.
They're too affordable and easy to buy so you way overspend on them haha.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:47 AM   #44
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Likewise. Retro Cable. Hulkbuster. Apocalypse. Bishop. Mojo. Nova Modern. Spider-Man Modern. Iron Man Modern. Sauron. Sandman. M.O.D.O.K.

Those bros are incredible.
Agreed Gomur, those guys can sculpt. Every piece they've made out of Bowen are great. You only listed about a 1/3 of em! I'd say Bowen's top guys were them, Sosa, Miller, Newman and Smith. (Top 5). Shiflett bros had sum gems too.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:24 AM   #45
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Agreed Gomur, those guys can sculpt. Every piece they've made out of Bowen are great. You only listed about a 1/3 of em! I'd say Bowen's top guys were them, Sosa, Miller, Newman and Smith. (Top 5). Shiflett bros had sum gems too.
Bowen had a good eye for talent. No doubt.

Hopefully he brings the same posse back when he reboots.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:46 AM   #46
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Actually I am lucky that way. I would generally wait for sales before I bought most pieces. Being cheap can be good. Having said that I still prefer Bowen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyflow33 View Post
They're too affordable and easy to buy so you way overspend on them haha.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #47
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I've recently decided to give my pocketbook a break with all the 1/4ths statues I've been buying. I wanted to start buying some of the busts that Bowen did. Wow, a lot of them have really gone up in price lately. I see a bunch for over 150 now on eBay. I guess that's a good thing so much for the last cheep vestige of this hobby.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #48
QOBrien67
Frackin!

I think as with all collectibles you'll see prices wax and wane, as collectibles truly are FOTM.

That said, I think Bowen will reboot at some point, and as a collector who didn't have the expendable income when BD was in it's hey day, I welcome it. While I LOVE the work XM / Sideshow / Etc are putting out, I have trouble reconciling them with the $850-1500+ price tags many are fetching. Also, frankly, the 1/4 scale for me is just too much. Bowen Hulk / Hulk Buster are BIG statues, however they aren't grab attention immediately in entering a room huge.

Last thought: for all you talking about parting with old Bowen's when you're 70+, can you send me your age in days + contact information? I want to make toilet paper roll countdowns... :P
QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #49
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Bowen cannot start up again soon enough. I miss his stuff. It doesn't matter to me what license he gets...I'll collect it.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #50
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Shifletts are awesome! Their Thanos is untouchable, IMHO.

Let's not forget Keith Kopinski/KDawg, who's Executioner is the definition of badass, not to mention his Super Skrull and Wrecking Crew busts!

Last edited by wktf; 12-09-2015 at 12:09 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote