855SGD = $610 USD
i stand corrected, thanks, that is a deal then
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #1242
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I think this piece is better than the XM piece. Not saying I dislike the XM piece, but I do feel this is superior.
In what possible way?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:57 PM   #1243
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
that's what I've been saying months ago. But many don't want to believe it. I see people listing kraven, mysterio, etc for 1500.00 lol.. same with darkness, prime 1 etc.. all of these will go retail in time. GR and venom was xm's earlier po's and prices was less so maybe those two won't go below retail but a tad more is possible. For the people buying in the overseas and add in the 300-500.00 shipping most will all lose money. These things are just not made of gold once competition and saturate markets start making the same characters with many new unlimited choices. For venom and GR if these came out now they would be significantly more to begin with. I've seen most of my xm stuff go for 50% off what I've paid except mags. All the rest has been 30-50% cheaper in time. I'm glad people are catching on now finally. Buy later or use coupons is the way to go!
I believed you.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:03 AM   #1244
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
In what possible way?
I think both pieces are good in different ways. I don't like the baby symbiotes on the XM piece. The stance and texture as well as Brock switch out head are better on the XM, but I do like the blue tinge on the SS, and in North America the SS is much better value. Also, a non-factor for some, is this has a companion Spider-Man and Carnage statue that will look great alongside it.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:27 AM   #1245
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I think some are just saying they like SS better even though they like the xm better overall because it's easier and better value to obtain. If both was in the USA and same price it would be a change of mind I assume. This should be which is the one we like more out of the two only and not how hard it is to obtain or it cost more so then pick SS. Unless people genuinely like the SS one better than that's great and real! I think I should start writing books! But never mind I never was good at school in any class and barely passed the main classes. I was however one of the best in PE. Got a A+ in that only class.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:33 AM   #1246
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

In America sideshow is better value? I've said it for years and will say it again! Give it another year and Xm and sideshow will be priced at same retail pricing minus shipping! I received Xm wolverine and it will be same price that venom would be to get him to our house! Yes I got wolvie for $700 shipped... I love both companies and both have their ups and downs! The shipping is positive for SS and downer for Xm! I'm getting ready to get ghost rider and cost of shipping is horrendous but with the low ES I feel prices will hold value!

I was sad to already see pfs around $650 for 1/4th scale but time is here and now and only going to go up from here unfortunately!! I have to be extremely selective on purchases for both companies now! Days of getting any piece for under $400 are over ;(

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:44 AM   #1247
dioxide_way
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I think both pieces are good in different ways. I don't like the baby symbiotes on the XM piece. The stance and texture as well as Brock switch out head are better on the XM, but I do like the blue tinge on the SS, and in North America the SS is much better value. Also, a non-factor for some, is this has a companion Spider-Man and Carnage statue that will look great alongside it.
Totally agree! I love these pieces and can't wait to put them all together!
dioxide_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 AM   #1248
dioxide_way
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
In America sideshow is better value? I've said it for years and will say it again! Give it another year and Xm and sideshow will be priced at same retail pricing minus shipping! I received Xm wolverine and it will be same price that venom would be to get him to our house! Yes I got wolvie for $700 shipped... I love both companies and both have their ups and downs! The shipping is positive for SS and downer for Xm! I'm getting ready to get ghost rider and cost of shipping is horrendous but with the low ES I feel prices will hold value!

I was sad to already see pfs around $650 for 1/4th scale but time is here and now and only going to go up from here unfortunately!! I have to be extremely selective on purchases for both companies now! Days of getting any piece for under $400 are over ;(

Sarah

Yea, that's why I'm quitting... so sad, too many coming but too less money...
dioxide_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:40 AM   #1249
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
In what possible way?
A few. I absolutely love the portraits. I think they are spot-on. Not saying I dislike the XM portraits but I do feel it is slightly overdone. Too much tongue. I do however really like the Eddie Brock portrait but I would never display it.

The pose is exceptional. I feel it conveys highly dynamic movement. This whole line has done a great job of that. You look at the SS statue and wonder how it's possible.

I really like the texture on the costume. It looks alive and I don't feel it's overdone. The paintwork required to do this will be high standard yet SS has shown they can handle this type of black vs blue-tone shading.

The base gives context without being too much. It's sleek and does its job. I'm not a fan of the clock.

His size is perfect for the venom I like. The musculature and broadness of the piece gives the piece a powerful presence. I think the XM piece does a good job of showing his size yet the muscle tones are over the top. Especially the legs.

I very much dislike the small symbiotes on the XM base.

I feel the SS Venom chest logo is thicker. XM made the logo too thin.

So far my experience with XM has been outstanding. It was actually the best piece I have ever received and I was taken back by the quality. In that sense, I expect the XM piece to look top-shelf and come with weight. SS will not deliver the same level of product quality so in that sense the XM will likely be the Stronger choice.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #1250
HBK83
The Avengers

The xm piece is a nice piece, but I don't think that's an amazing piece either , the switch out heads make that piece much better. Cable , and ghost rider are probably the best things they have produced.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote