Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #11
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Man I got excited when I saw this thread and was hoping they announced a new one! I'm not a big boxing guy but remember I went to a friends house and he had FN2. I don't know what the hell happened but it was one of those nights where a few guys are shooting the sh*t and then before you know it there's an empty bottle of JD and the matches on screen are almost resulting in real fights lol... anyways it was a good time. So I picked up round 3 and had so much fun with it. I would love to try to capture some of that magic with a new game. I think they kind of gave up on the license in exchange for making the UFC games. Pretty sure it's the same team.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #12
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

^I think you might be right, pretty sure there's more money in the UFC games right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I think the Ortiz fight may still happen. I heard it was some type of medication he takes that made him come up dirty.
Hadn't heard this. I hope it works out...would've been a great fight. Even if Wilder would've lost.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #13
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah, they definitely brushed the series aside to focus on UFC. Which is sad because imo those games aren't very good or fun at all. There's too many mechanics in an MMA game and it's so robotic, not to mention that every fighter seemingly plays exactly alike. People were trashing how bad Tyson looked and was animated(who actually had unique ones if I remember) compared to FNC.

And idk about the Wilder-Ortiz fight, it would've been his toughest fight by far but I wouldn't count anyone out with that size and power. It's the second time Ortiz has been busted so I have serious doubts the fight could still happen unfortunately.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #14
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah the UFC games aren't that good. They're more frustrating than fun. Too many different controls. Gets confusing and just when you think they had it right EA will tinker with the controls and mess it up again.

We need a boxing game badly. I want to be able to punch Floyd in the face anytime I want. So glad he's retired.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #15
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Here's a petition to sign if you want lol

*Edit* Removed link as apparently it is no good. Hopefully nothing too serious - came up as a regular petition on my comp!

Here is a little article saying there are still rumours as well as that they did in fact push aside FN for UFC games

http://www.imotortimes.com/articles/...deo-gaming.htm
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #16
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Yeah the UFC games aren't that good. They're more frustrating than fun. Too many different controls. Gets confusing and just when you think they had it right EA will tinker with the controls and mess it up again.

We need a boxing game badly. I want to be able to punch Floyd in the face anytime I want. So glad he's retired.
The ground game...I'm not a big enough fan to put that time in.

^Something's wrong with that first link...don't click.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #17
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
The ground game...I'm not a big enough fan to put that time in.

^Something's wrong with that first link...don't click.

The ground game is what ruins the whole game. I don't think i'll buy another UFC game. Not unless I hear that they've addressed all the ground game issues.

We need that boxing game!!!
Old 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #18
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Just had a match against a really good defensive boxer with a pretty good record, I think 170-21 now. There's no rush like this game when you're down big and slowly get back into the fight knowing you have to win every round to get the decision. I was down 5 rounds to 2 after 7 because I was being too aggressive when I should've been boxing more. He's one of these players that strive when you're being aggressive and he's counter punching but he struggles to come forward and initiate and score when he's losing the round. I took advantage and barely squeaked out the 8th and 9th. I still thought I might lose even if I won the 10th, but he finally slipped and got a little too aggressive and I capitalized with a much needed knockdown from a counter power straight right and won by 1 point on 2 cards and the third was a draw. It was so intense my feet were sweating lol.

The funny thing is I beat this guy twice in the last couple of weeks but won by a big margin before as I was smarter and outplayed him at his defensive style. I gave him some tips about not wasting body shots because they don't score and a few other things but he never messaged back. It's pretty clear he got much better and I think he REALLY wanted to beat me bad, he's probably so mad I came back after he was up so far ahead haha. Good times, not bad for an outdated game from 6 years ago.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #19
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Just had a match against a really good defensive boxer with a pretty good record, I think 170-21 now. There's no rush like this game when you're down big and slowly get back into the fight knowing you have to win every round to get the decision. I was down 5 rounds to 2 after 7 because I was being too aggressive when I should've been boxing more. He's one of these players that strive when you're being aggressive and he's counter punching but he struggles to come forward and initiate and score when he's losing the round. I took advantage and barely squeaked out the 8th and 9th. I still thought I might lose even if I won the 10th, but he finally slipped and got a little too aggressive and I capitalized with a much needed knockdown from a counter power straight right and won by 1 point on 2 cards and the third was a draw. It was so intense my feet were sweating lol.

The funny thing is I beat this guy twice in the last couple of weeks but won by a big margin before as I was smarter and outplayed him at his defensive style. I gave him some tips about not wasting body shots because they don't score and a few other things but he never messaged back. It's pretty clear he got much better and I think he REALLY wanted to beat me bad, he's probably so mad I came back after he was up so far ahead haha. Good times, not bad for an outdated game from 6 years ago.
Sounds cool.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #20
Philintheblank

Gave you that swamp toe lol...nothing like a good comeback.