Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-17-2015, 07:25 AM   #111
FredChamberlain
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I backed the book and, while I hadn't been overly concerned about the delay, due to having over projects I've back be as late or later than Something Terrible, the utter lack of communication had been frustrating. The last few months have had me wondering about his intent to follow through.

I do have to say that the incessant whining and repetitative overposting in the comments section of the project for the last several months has been more offputting to me, than the lateness of the project, until recently. The same hadnful of people nashing their teeth and lighting torches over and over.

Trippe fumbled the ball bigtime on this project and the current status as well as his lack of communication about it does make his intentions suspect.
FredChamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #112
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredChamberlain View Post
I backed the book and, while I hadn't been overly concerned about the delay, due to having over projects I've back be as late or later than Something Terrible, the utter lack of communication had been frustrating. The last few months have had me wondering about his intent to follow through.

I do have to say that the incessant whining and repetitative overposting in the comments section of the project for the last several months has been more offputting to me, than the lateness of the project, until recently. The same hadnful of people nashing their teeth and lighting torches over and over.

Trippe fumbled the ball bigtime on this project and the current status as well as his lack of communication about it does make his intentions suspect.
the reason those people are upset is because they've tried contacting him and gotten no response or some kind of excuse. the only option they had was to take it to a public forum so it'll get attention. which led to the bleeding cool article and the comics blog article.

to me its simple. if someone pays you for a service, you provide that service. that's it. Since Dean hasn't, he's going to be the subject of scrutiny, whether extreme or not. but, Dean's a big boy, he can handle it.
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #113
FredChamberlain
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwimrbarnes View Post
the reason those people are upset is because they've tried contacting him and gotten no response or some kind of excuse. the only option they had was to take it to a public forum so it'll get attention. which led to the bleeding cool article and the comics blog article.

to me its simple. if someone pays you for a service, you provide that service. that's it. Since Dean hasn't, he's going to be the subject of scrutiny, whether extreme or not. but, Dean's a big boy, he can handle it.
I understand why they are upset. I am a part of the disappointed. I have a handful of projects outstanding. What is off-putting the the extent to which they are upset. The over-the-top ranting is excessive and hurts them more than it does help. That, coupled with the fact that the wailing and gnashing of teeth began very soon after the initial deadline is both annoying and distracting from the actuasl issue of lateness and poor handling of the project.

I never said that Dean can't handle it or that it isn't a natural consequence of his behavior. My posting wasn't for his benefit or even with him in mind. Adding to a thread in a public message board with my response is all.
FredChamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #114
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredChamberlain View Post
I understand why they are upset. I am a part of the disappointed. I have a handful of projects outstanding. What is off-putting the the extent to which they are upset. The over-the-top ranting is excessive and hurts them more than it does help. That, coupled with the fact that the wailing and gnashing of teeth began very soon after the initial deadline is both annoying and distracting from the actuasl issue of lateness and poor handling of the project.

I never said that Dean can't handle it or that it isn't a natural consequence of his behavior. My posting wasn't for his benefit or even with him in mind. Adding to a thread in a public message board with my response is all.
I understand and agree with a lot of what you're saying, and I don't mean disrespect by what I wrote before or now. But in regards to the gnashing of teeth and wailing, the dude got $48,000 19 months ago, ultimately to print a book that was already complete. he's missed his first deadline by 14 months. almost 1800 people, who believed in this dude and his story, gave this guy money and still have nothing to show for it. He's admitted to using funds from the Kickstarter to cover con costs. and he's been doing other work while this whole debacle has gone on. He deserves every ounce of crap he gets.
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #115
sonofabruce
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2280 View Post
What a horror story. And there are still excuses. I've recently gotten into the original art game and lucked out because they were referrals.I think I'll stick to that route.
Yeah, that's a safe route for sure. It's been another week and Dean Trippe still isn't talking to his supporters.

He did however take time to show everyone all over his twitter feed and facebook page the latest cover of NATURE magazine (which he did art for). He also fancies himself a political activist/writer now, having published an online piece for the Huffington Post featuring numerous idiotic Bernie Sanders memes he created in his "spare time".
sonofabruce is offline   Reply With Quote