Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #81
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't care? I don't have the first version, but for those who do, will you consider buying this if it came out with a gorgeous new base color you like?
No. I am content with what I have. If I didn't own it I'd be all over it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #82
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Am I the only one who doesn't care? I don't have the first version, but for those who do, will you consider buying this if it came out with a gorgeous new base color you like?
I might sell my original one and buy this instead.
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #83
Tushar
Hellboy

To quote Tuco Salamanca:

TIGHT! Tight, tight, YEAH! Oh, blue, yellow, pink. Whatever, man. Just keep bringing me that.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #84
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Nope. I don't even like buying variants (I have made an exception where the variant is a totally different character), I'm certainly not buying another one just for a different color base. Now, if I had missed out on it the first time around, I'd consider it, but this difference is almost imperceptible to me.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:23 AM   #85
built2shred
Phoenix

I don't think Koto is re-releasing Power Girl to try and get people who already own her to buy it again, it's for new collectors or collectors who are just starting their bishoujo collection... I don't knock Koto for doing that since they don't put edition sizes on them but I would prefer if they just created new statues of the characters instead of flooding the market with older ones that just have minor color differences...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:58 AM   #86
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't think Koto is re-releasing Power Girl to try and get people who already own her to buy it again, it's for new collectors or collectors who are just starting their bishoujo collection... I don't knock Koto for doing that since they don't put edition sizes on them but I would prefer if they just created new statues of the characters instead of flooding the market with older ones that just have minor color differences...
I get that. Koto definitely isn't after getting people to buy her twice. In fact, they have the collectors' best interests in mind and change the base color to it has some sort of visual difference; so people can easily tell the second edition from the first; so hopefully the first edition price doesn't go down.

I was interested in the mindset of the collectors. I'll consider a variant of something I already own if at least the costume colors are changed (Regular/X-Force Deadpool). No way I'd consider that for a different base.

Also, a hypothetically awful base color on a new statue won't deter me from buying it if the alternative is to buy the first edition at twice the price.

But I've seen plenty of discussion which suggests some people intend to own both versions, which is a whole new level of dedication for me.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote