Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #21
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I have to agree with you on that AC. The comic look is best for a statue.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #22
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Majority of my collection's comic based. Kept my Hot Toys Iron Man Mk VII since i enjoyed Avengers - just a fun super hero team film. Also the variant War Machine Mk I since it's bulky & inspired by his comic origins.

Have ARTFX DK Batman on Bat Signal & DCC's DKR since i like the Nolan Trilogy plus ARTFX MOS Supes & last years WW. Bulk of my other movie pieces are from Star Wars. ARTFX Black Panther was tempting but grabbed the Fine Art statue instead, looks more regal & dig the detailed base (also asked for it years ago hehe). ARTFX+ version's a bonus & will look great with my 1/10 Marvel display.

Liked watching Spider-Man Homecoming but we'll see, there are many other Koto pieces i want to buy first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Because I've been collecting comics since the 4th grade. Comics is where I started and where my love for these characters originates from, so all my statues are comic-based.

Love watching my favorite characters on the Big Screen, tho ...had to wait a long time to see them on that Big Screen. But I do like the look of the characters in the comics more than how they look in the movies.

And no, not even my favorite characters. Wolverine, Cyclops and Phoenix are one of my favorites ...and I prefer the comic versions. Spider-Man is a favorite also ...I prefer the comic version over this one. Chris Evans as Captain America is awesome, but I prefer the comic version. I prefer the comic versions of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

I will admit, tho ... Iron Man Mark II does look good ...and I already have the XM Classic Iron Man, so I am thinking of getting the SS Iron Man Mark II Maq.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:51 PM   #23
Dark Knight.
Birdman

I like to have all comic versions as well and I don't like mixing in the movie pieces. However, I threw in the Koto ARTFX Star Lord with my Fine Art Panther, Vision, and Classic Avengers. So maybe this Spider-Man can have a place with the group in the future.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote