Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-07-2017, 01:05 AM   #7611
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I bought XM Hulkbuster for that . I know everyone has seen that piece. Light up features 2 quarter scale pieces instead of one. Three unique display options and prob one of most unique designs ever attempted on a statue . What's my point.....

Thanos on a throne Ex= you get an extra head lmao!!!!! 3 K really ?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:11 AM   #7612
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I bought XM Hulkbuster for that . I know everyone has seen that piece. Light up features 2 quarter scale pieces instead of one. Three unique display options and prob one of most unique designs ever attempted on a statue . What's my point.....

We partake in a funny hobby where people sitting on thrones are sought after. I wouldn't pay more than 600.00 for the doom on throne or the xm magneto on throne...but here we are.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:14 AM   #7613
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:

You're a smart man. That XM HULKbuster is a masterpiece and runs circles around Thanos. It raises the bar in the industry to a whole new level and it truly is a limited piece because the total ES will not exceed 999. If I was willing to spend 3K on a statue and was faced with the same choice, I'd take the HULKbuster every day of the week with no hesitation.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:08 AM   #7614
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
You're a smart man. That XM HULKbuster is a masterpiece and runs circles around Thanos. It raises the bar in the industry to a whole new level and it truly is a limited piece because the total ES will not exceed 999. If I was willing to spend 3K on a statue and was faced with the same choice, I'd take the HULKbuster every day of the week with no hesitation.
It might be between Sideshow Thanos and XM Hulkbuster for StatueForum's 1:4 scale honors. You make a compelling argument for the latter. As glorious as Thanos is he shoulda had two heads and two left arms.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #7615
FJC
Midnighter

HULKbuster easily wins it for me. IMO, there's HULKbuster at the top, then there's everything else. The design and creativity that went into HULKbuster is something not seen in the industry. The EX Thanos comes with an extra portrait. That's it. Nothing else separates it from the thousands of REGs that will be available for quite awhile. If there are impatient collectors that want to throw away $1800 more for an alternative portrait, that's on them. For my money, I'd take the XM HULKbuster and never look back. It comes with SO MUCH more and a much smaller overall ES. It's a game changer in my book.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #7616
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
It might be between Sideshow Thanos and XM Hulkbuster for StatueForum's 1:4 scale honors. You make a compelling argument for the latter. As glorious as Thanos is he shoulda had two heads and two left arms.
Swap outs don't make the masterpiece. The original sculpt does. Thanos is more impressive in detail alone. Just my opinion.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #7617
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
HULKbuster easily wins it for me. IMO, there's HULKbuster at the top, then there's everything else. The design and creativity that went into HULKbuster is something not seen in the industry. The EX Thanos comes with an extra portrait. That's it. Nothing else separates it from the thousands of REGs that will be available for quite awhile. If there are impatient collectors that want to throw away $1800 more for an alternative portrait, that's on them. For my money, I'd take the XM HULKbuster and never look back. It comes with SO MUCH more and a much smaller overall ES. It's a game changer in my book.
XM Hulkbuster is a tour de force when it comes to the design and creativity; however, if I was to choose between XM Hulkbuster or IM Hulkbuster I would choose IM because I want Hulkbuster and not Ironman coming out of HB. XM is more like an Ironman/Hulkbuster dio, which is great in itself.

Anyways, back to Thanos.

3K is crazy.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #7618
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
XM Hulkbuster is a tour de force when it comes to the design and creativity; however, if I was to choose between XM Hulkbuster or IM Hulkbuster I would choose IM because I want Hulkbuster and not Ironman coming out of HB. XM is more like an Ironman/Hulkbuster dio, which is great in itself.

Anyways, back to Thanos.

3K is crazy.
With XM you get both options. You can display the HULKbuster by itself or choose to display it with Iron Man coming out of it (or standing by the side of it...it comes with a stand alone base for Iron Man if you choose to display it that way). Bottom line, the XM HULKbuster can be displayed all by itself just like the IM HULKbuster. IMO, it looks far better to boot. XM and the K Bros absolutely killed it.

And I agree, anyone spending 3K on Thanos now has lost touch with reality.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #7619
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
With XM you get both options. You can display the HULKbuster by itself or choose to display it with Iron Man coming out of it (or standing by the side of it...it comes with a stand alone base for Iron Man if you choose to display it that way). Bottom line, the XM HULKbuster can be displayed all by itself just like the IM HULKbuster. IMO, it looks far better to boot. XM and the K Bros absolutely killed it.

And I agree, anyone spending 3K on Thanos now has lost touch with reality.
Is XM HB stand alone still crouching? If so, I would still pick IM one.

It's crazy because this piece still has not come out yet, so buying second hand without seeing other production pieces is like a crap shoot. Plus, if you buy from eBay now, it will be after 30 days when this is released, there goes your PP absolute guarantee.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #7620
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Is XM HB stand alone still crouching? If so, I would still pick IM one.
Yes. In our case, it looks like it boils down to personal preference. I like the hunched over pose and it looks like a comic based piece. Not a fan of the pose on the IM HB or the movie based look of it. I don't collect movie based/looking statues. It's just a personal choice.