Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-25-2018, 02:21 AM   #1
Z2H
Frackin!

Upcoming Sideshow Red Sonja Or Harley Quinn?

In the world of expensive statues you want to have them all, but most of the time you can't. And so we weave our pocketbooks with our hearts and can only choose accordingly. For example I got into Sideshow statues just three months ago or so and I've already purchased He-man, Dark Phoenix & Black Cat, not to mention She-Ra is on preorder and should be shipped soon. I also have the new Exclusive Wonder Woman due later this year on preorder as well (and will most likely preorder the new Batman & Superman to go along with her).

Thus with all those statues on the go (not to mention all my other collectibles), I'm now conflicted which of these two do I want [the soon to be released Harley Quinn or Red Sonja]. I know many of you will say it all depends on which character you like better. But oftentimes I feel it's more than that... Some characters you like 'almost' equally but for completely different reasons and this is one of those cases. That been said, you then start to decipher which of your fave Character statues has the better mold, the better paint apps, and so on and so forth.

And so I'm just curious of some your thoughts. In correlation to these two statue molds (comparatively speaking), which one do you guys prefer? Or better yet, which one would you buy if you could only buy one of these two? I realize that 'some' have a beef with the new HQ's face not looking enough like Margot Robbie's but overall it doesn't concern me too much as I see it as a hybrid of Margot Robbie & the current HQ Comics. Red Sonja on the other hand I'm not too fond of the armored boots, but the rest of her looks fantastic. Thoughts?

Last edited by COI; 04-25-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Z2H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Edit: Oh that Harley. NVM then.

Harley's Suicide Squad design is one of her best but the movie was forgettable.

I think the previous Red Sonja is better than the new one.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:49 AM   #3
Minister88
Frackin!

Going with Red Sonja, nothing wrong with HQ but that Sonja sculpt is amazing.
Minister88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:03 AM   #4
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I vote Red Sonja just for the simple fact I didn't like suicide squad. And I also just so happen to like the Sonja piece better.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:05 AM   #5
ukshaun
Hercules

I like both, and have Harley Quinn on pre order
Might get Red Sonja once the in hand pics appear.

Expected to ship: May 2018 - Jul 2018
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:16 AM   #6
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

While I've always liked Red Sonja, I have to say it would be Harley for me all the way.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #7
stone eagle
Justice League

Ok you asked for thoughts here are mine:
I buy statues because I like the statue in general and may have some attachment to what it represents.(enjoyed the movie or brings up childhood memories etc.)
I have NOT been bitten by the collector bug so severely that I have to have every statue and related items like wall art, and comics. I have too many other things in life to take up my time and money such as family obligations and realize too that all these material fragile things can disappear quickly in a flood, hurricane, fire or theft that I try not to spend all my assets on such fragile things. I sure hope the large scale collectors carry sufficient insurance to cover loss.
As far as asking colector's opinions on one statue over another it really opens up a can of worms over personal preferences especially when neither statue has been mass produced and in the collector's hand yet so we can't get factual info on things like casting quality only personal likes......
All that being said Red Sonja gets my spare money and vote for a statue that I could look at for a long time v. Harley Quinn.
Good luck with your decision.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Red Sonja for me. I can't stand that movie as awesome as that Harley looks.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #9
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Nice going with the 'which one would you buy' and sticking your affiliate links post, lol.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #10
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I vote Red Sonja but I’m biased because I don’t collect movie pieces. With that being said I would have picked Red Sonja against the new Harley statue as well because I’m not impressed by it. Awkward pose and don’t like the face sculpt
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote