Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
sputnik
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Collection threads

I visit the Freaks Forum (do we say that word around here) to view the "Show your Shelves" thread. I love viewing collections and that section makes it easy to find what others have. I am just wondering if something to that effect will be set up here so we don't have to jump from Moore to Sideshow to Bowen etc to enjoy.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
I visit the Freaks Forum (do we say that word around here) to view the "Show your Shelves" thread. I love viewing collections and that section makes it easy to find what others have. I am just wondering if something to that effect will be set up here so we don't have to jump from Moore to Sideshow to Bowen etc to enjoy.
There used to be something like that here but it disappeared a couple years ago. The collections were broken up into a couple threads and you could literally spend a couple hours going through all the pics.

I agree though, there should be one section where everyone can post their display pics and they can all be viewed in one spot instead of scattered all over the place.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
sputnik
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That way every time you acquired a new piece, you could just add it to your thread and not have to worry if it was posted in the correct section. Variety is the spice of life.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
That way every time you acquired a new piece, you could just add it to your thread and not have to worry if it was posted in the correct section. Variety is the spice of life.
Agreed, most collector's have more then one company and/or theme in their displays so a general display section would be great.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Humm...

This is what I do in my thread, I post everytime I get something, here you may take a look:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ht=averone%27s

Im not sure why we dont have a section!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

A section devoted to our collections makes a lot more sense than creating threads that are mixed into the "General Statue & Collectible" section IMO. I'd imagine it would be quite popular too as many (myself included) like to view collections but aren't going to take the time to sift through this entire section looking for them. Heck I might even take the time to photograph my entire collection and keep it updated if this happened.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
That would be a good idea.

Some folks post it in thier signatures, but I agree maybe have a section just for collections.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post

Some folks post it in thier signatures, but I agree maybe have a section just for collections.
Any of the Mods listing or reading this?
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post

And thats a good idea but you only get access to signatures if you're a paying Adamantium Member and for some, especially members outside the US, that pay membership holds little value.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #10
Rocket
Art of Mod

The rally for a section for collections starts!!! I agree!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote