Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #351
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Love the new trailer! The new posters also kick some ass!

Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #352
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I'm hoping that Parker developed those high tech webshooters and not Stark. Parker was a scholarship-bound boy genius. This would be a great way to channel into that part of his character.
Me, too.

I'm liking the Tony Stark involvement less and less with every trailer. This new Spidey suit looks to be just a variation of the Iron Man armour in these trailers...I kind of wish Iron Man wasn't in this movie at all.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #353
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Me, too.

I'm liking the Tony Stark involvement less and less with every trailer. This new Spidey suit looks to be just a variation of the Iron Man armour in these trailers...I kind of wish Iron Man wasn't in this movie at all.

I agree. However, Stark has been involved in Spidey's life in the comics for some time now, and even influenced him to publicly unmask during Civil War. Many new fans don't know Spidey without Tony Stark's presence. Would you believe that the Civil War unmasked issue is over 10 years old?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #354
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
New Trailer!

This is my favourite so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0D3AOldjMU
Tons of fun!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:45 PM   #355
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
New International Trailer

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/05/24...onal-trailer-2

and poster

The Vulture's costume looks a bit like a combination of the Beetle's costume from the comics mixed with a bird costume. Interesting look. But, the trailer does look great!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:49 PM   #356
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Much better trailer. Still put off by Stark being shoehorned into this but hopefully it'll be done without taking anything away from the development of Parker/Spidey.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:57 AM   #357
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Much better trailer. Still put off by Stark being shoehorned into this but hopefully it'll be done without taking anything away from the development of Parker/Spidey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I'm hoping that Parker developed those high tech webshooters and not Stark. Parker was a scholarship-bound boy genius. This would be a great way to channel into that part of his character.

I doubt Stark is in the movie that much... Maybe 15-20 mins tops out of the 2 hour 20 mins the movie will probably be.

As for the suit, the kid might be smart put he is poor, you can't be creating highend tech on an teenagers allowance. Only makes sense the hightech suit is a creation of Starks. The rags Spider-Man has on saving that plan is his creation which makes perfect sense as I said before you can only go so far on $20 a week

I also don't think Stark is shoehorned into this movie, it looks like the movie takes place right after Civil War with Tony showing him Avengers HQ and then dropping him off at his house. Besides with Marvel involved you knew they're were going to tie this movie in with all the rest of their movies.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:24 AM   #358
SONICobra
Batman

trailers were awesome

really let down by those posters though. they were actually ALMOST incredible then they photoshopped the same iron man flying cut out into each one... damn that's frustrating, I would have loved to have picked up the one with spidey and vulture but cant get over how they shoehorned iron man in there
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #359
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
really let down by those posters though. they were actually ALMOST incredible then they photoshopped the same iron man flying cut out into each one... damn that's frustrating
Wow...good catch! I can't believe the marketing team used the same Iron Man image on both posters.

What a bunch of lazy bastards!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #360
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

When I see what people like Matt Ferguson do for film posters and steelbook covers and then see this, it's just a real shame.

Movie Posters used to be art, now thy look like videogame covers.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote