Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-12-2022, 09:46 PM   #31
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Thanks everyone who's participated!

Appreciate all the kind words about MOTU, just looking for DC specific feedback.

But again, thanks everyone. Ive read every single response, and unfortunately (fortunately?) Im neck-deep in SDCC prep otherwise Id response to people individually.

If anyone else has thoughts, please drop em here and I'll check em out when I can.

Hope to see some of you at the show!
Thanks for asking and good luck at the show!
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:47 PM   #32
nearmint
Phoenix

Looking forward to seeing the 1:1 scale Dave Igo at SDCC.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #33
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

1) What do you think are Tweeterhead's most successful DC pieces?

Most of the Super Powers pieces are amazing -the female sculpts especially. The SP Wonder Woman is one of the prettiest WW pieces ever made. The sculpts on the first Joker, Batman, Batgirl, Catwoman, Donna, and others are exquisite. I'd still love to see Black Canary, Hawkwoman, the Perez Zatanna, Green Arrow, and Hawkman added in this style. That would be a dream come true....the whole satellite era League.

2) What do you think are Tweeterhead's projects that JUST missed the mark? Almost there for yah, but that one thing (or two) just made it a slight missed opportunity for yah. Like "Everything was awesome but man that face, ughs!"

Poison Ivy was a miss for me. If she was more classic with the ankle boots and head wreath, I would've gotten one.
Shazam...as some others mentioned -own it, kinda sorta like it, don't love it. The proportions are off somehow with his arms. He looks awkward.
I'm still not loving the paint scheme chosen for Batgirl. Perfect...PERFECT sculpt, but wish the colors (blue and yellow) chosen were more in line with Batman and Robin.

3) What do think are Tweeterhead's biggest flops or missed opportunities? All around just a miss for yah... for those of you more blunt, just the "FAIL!"s.

Flash. Way too buff...most of us said it ...and were ignored. There you have it.

Wonder Woman 2.0. I collect Wonder Woman items first and foremost -hence the name. I'll buy most anything WW. But as much as I love the beautiful, original Super Powers Wonder Woman piece, that's how much I dislike the 2.0. That statue is not the least bit attractive to me. It's just ugly...the face (ugh), the base (ridiculous)...all bad. It's not my taste at all. Sorry...but honest. Not something I would own.

Have fun at SDCC!
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:35 PM   #34
Frankierock
Omega Red

I for one would love to see Tweeterhead take on Knightfall Batman!
I think you guys would knock this out of the park. So let’s do this!! Here is a perfect pic to go on below.
If you can pull that with the Batman suit in hand..all I would say is WoW, and here’s my Money!
And Of course a new Bane would be a perfect partner to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	070824B0-D90C-4D47-B8FC-B00D60BCA6AE.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	152586  
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:27 PM   #35
FJC
Midnighter

If this thread has now been reduced to a character wish list then....Deathstroke! Deathstroke! For the love of God, a classic Perez Deathstroke! I'm talking underwear on the outside of the costume, bandolier wearing, and pirate boot sporting classic Perez Deathstroke in 1/6 & 1/4 scale. C'mon Igo, this is your mulligan. Give collectors the Deathstroke we all want and deserve already.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:42 AM   #36
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Your Super Powers Catwoman is amazing, that costume is really underrepresented in statues and you hit it out of the park with a lovely portrait too...the Scarecrow looks great and I'm thankful that the classic portrait was included...your 2021 Harley is perfection, if the production model matches the prototype it will be the single best Harley Quinn statue ever produced and the only one I'll ever need.

2) What do you think are Tweeterhead's projects that JUST missed the mark? Almost there for yah, but that one thing (or two) just made it a slight missed opportunity for yah. Like "Everything was awesome but man that face, ughs!"

The neck seam on Super Powers Wonder Woman ruined a great figure. Please don't ever do a neck seam again! The Cheetah was great except for the high heels. They just look wrong on the figure and Cheetah usually wasn't represented in high heels even in the older comics.

3) What do think are Tweeterhead's biggest flops or missed opportunities? All around just a miss for yah... for those of you more blunt, just the "FAIL!"s.

Biggest missed opportunity for me is Captain Marvel. You gave him the Alex Ross "Mafia enforcer" head instead of going with something more classic CC Beck inspired. And I'm worried you'll never take another crack at Cap, which means I would have to pass on Black Adam, having no one to pair him with.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 04:46 PM   #37
JerrySmith
Fantastic Four

Superman, Superman, Superman. Man, you do a fantastic Superman. Robin was great, I’ve never seen a better late-teenage Robin. Batman was really good, but I like the darker cape & cowl (not black) and the black bat logo. I still have Batman and love him, but looking forward to your next version. Catwoman was beautiful. Joker in the chair is sublime. Wonderful job on that. Starfire and Wonder Girl are just great, I can’t imagine better sculptures. I love my Batgirl. I can’t wait for Aquaman, you’ve outdone yourselves on that one.

Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel. I have it, I like it. But Captain Marvel has wavy hair. He just does. The wet look is dead. I have the piece because we’ll probably never get better, but man that hair is disappointing. Supergirl is good but I don’t love the piece or the pose.

Wonder Woman for sure, unfortunately. She generally doesn’t use a spear or sword, so why have her holding a huge one? Not a fan of the pose, either.

P.S. – Please do a George Perez original costume Deathstroke! It would be a crowd-pleaser.

Thank you!
JerrySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:54 PM   #38
tethrox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

1) Everything 2.0 is absolutely amazing!

2) Being honest, compared to 2.0, most everything before missed the mark. 2.0 is definitely a step up.

3) Only flop I can think of is the handling of Black Adam. No communication of what was going on with the original. Finally announced the cancellation of 1.0 to be reworked to the 2.0. Hardly any news on the new 2.0. Never see him at shows. And then finally, another delay until the end of the year, if we see him then.
tethrox is offline   Reply With Quote