Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-06-2021, 04:37 AM   #91
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
Agreed, the factory paint on Barbarian was not good. The factory paint was too flat. Thankfully I had the opportunity to get mine pro-painted. Made a huge difference.
There has been a couple of propaints I have seen out there, John Allred showing us what’s possible with his paintup of your Barbarian, I have also seen Saul and Hannah doing incredible paintwork with their versions, that’s whyI will always be greatful that ARH produced these Frazetta pcs, I see their potential instead of the prepaint shortcomings.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:04 AM   #92
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
There has been a couple of propaints I have seen out there, John Allred showing us what’s possible with his paintup of your Barbarian, I have also seen Saul and Hannah doing incredible paintwork with their versions, that’s whyI will always be greatful that ARH produced these Frazetta pcs, I see their potential instead of the prepaint shortcomings.
I consider the Frazetta pieces part of the foundation of my collection. I have kept the following ARH pieces from ARH's peak.
Barbarian EX (Allred Paint)
Death Dealer (Cantu Paint)
Virgin of Mahars Dio Prototype
Arkhalla Seduction
Medusa Victorious EX
Virgin of Mahars
Sha-Ryn
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:58 AM   #93
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
I consider the Frazetta pieces part of the foundation of my collection. I have kept the following ARH pieces from ARH's peak.
Barbarian EX (Allred Paint)
Death Dealer (Cantu Paint)
Virgin of Mahars Dio Prototype
Arkhalla Seduction
Medusa Victorious EX
Virgin of Mahars
Sha-Ryn
Where’s the pics of your Deathdealer Cantù repaint.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 01:26 AM   #94
SAB380
The X-Men

Anyone have any idea of latest events with Arahom?
Had a look at the Facebook account and the last posts were from October 2021 - where he was selling off the very last remaining of his personal collection.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:35 PM   #95
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I think it's time to move on.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #96
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Arahom moved back to Brazil and he’s focused entirely on comic books and story telling at this point. I really enjoyed working with him for the couple years that I did. It was crazy. Often rocky. He and I butt heads more than once. He had was extremely passionate and had a temper. But honestly he is one of the best people I’ve come across in this industry. Did he make mistakes? Yup. Did he over reach and over overpromise? Yup. You guys think losing a couple grand in statues was bad? He was shorting my paycheck every month for over a year haha. But I hung in there. Even after Blizzard offered me a job I was hesitant becuse I honestly believed in what arahom and I were doing. Long story short- dude bit off more than he could chew. It’s practically a miracle he could keep things going as long as he did. I’ll always love and appprciate that guy. For his passion, his crazy ideas, his outsized personality… but in this industry it takes a some balance to make things work. And Arahom is a better artist than he is a business man. I really hope one day we get a Netflix Arkhalla series in the vein of Spartacus Blood and Sand. That’s his dream. I still believe in him … even if he is a crazy ----er.

Last edited by ReTardist; 06-14-2022 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Spell
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 07:48 PM   #97
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Arahom moved back to Brazil and he?s focused entirely on comic books and story telling at this point. I really enjoyed working with him for the couple years that I did. It was crazy. Often rocky. He and I butt heads more than once. He had was extremely passionate and had a temper. But honestly he is one of the best people I?ve come across in this industry. Did he make mistakes? Yup. Did he over reach and over overpromise? Yup. You guys think losing a couple grand in statues was bad? He was shorting my paycheck every month for over a year haha. But I hung in there. Even after Blizzard offered me a job I was hesitant becuse I honestly believed in what arahom and I were doing. Long story short- dude bit off more than he could chew. It?s practically a miracle he could keep things going as long as he did. I?ll always love and appprciate that guy. For his passion, his crazy ideas, his outsized personality? but in this industry it takes a some balance to make things work. And Arahom is a better artist than he is a business man. I really hope one day we get a Netflix Arkhalla series in the vein of Spartacus Blood and Sand. That?s his dream. I still believe in him ? even if he is a crazy ----er.
Good to hear from you and some insight as well. Are you still working with Blizzard these days? What have been your most recent projects?
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:07 AM   #98
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Arahom moved back to Brazil and he?s focused entirely on comic books and story telling at this point. I really enjoyed working with him for the couple years that I did. It was crazy. Often rocky. He and I butt heads more than once. He had was extremely passionate and had a temper. But honestly he is one of the best people I?ve come across in this industry. Did he make mistakes? Yup. Did he over reach and over overpromise? Yup. You guys think losing a couple grand in statues was bad? He was shorting my paycheck every month for over a year haha. But I hung in there. Even after Blizzard offered me a job I was hesitant becuse I honestly believed in what arahom and I were doing. Long story short- dude bit off more than he could chew. It?s practically a miracle he could keep things going as long as he did. I?ll always love and appprciate that guy. For his passion, his crazy ideas, his outsized personality? but in this industry it takes a some balance to make things work. And Arahom is a better artist than he is a business man. I really hope one day we get a Netflix Arkhalla series in the vein of Spartacus Blood and Sand. That?s his dream. I still believe in him ? even if he is a crazy ----er.
Wow thanks for the closure on ARH.
Weird to know they?re gone. I?ve still got my customised Tarzan Primal Rage as my center piece.
That and Conan Sacrifice are two giant dios that could have only been made by a crazy person.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:32 PM   #99
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

I almost bought that Genghis Khan years ago... wish I had now.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 04:32 AM   #100
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Well, at least Arahom gave it his all. He has my respect. I still go back and watch the old production videos with him and Ehren. I find them interesting a very informative. Two guys trying their best to do it all with their backs against the wall. The Death Dealer sculpted by Ehren Bienert is still one of my favorite statues. I don't think there's a statue company around today who possess the courage to attempt a traditional sculpt like that. If I remember correctly, Ehren sculpted the original out of wax: the massive horse and all!!! Jim Rowell did a great paint job on that monster of a statue and the Atlantis statue as well. I wish Arahom paid Rowell to do all the master paints because it was night and day in regards to the quality of paint applications coming back from the factory. I think because Jim had a lot more experience, he'd acquired the sufficient knowledge and wisdom needed to properly translate the paint layouts for the factory, so they could better understand how to come close to replicating the original paint work.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote