Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-02-2022, 01:32 AM   #981
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
The portrait looks good here.

Wierd.... seems to look good in some angles, not so good in others.
May have to display this lower, as the upward view seems to be throwing it off for me.
JNDs Joker was similar to me. Displayed higher, the upward view threw the likeness off. It improves drastically looking down at it.
In those photos, the unpainted one is really the money shot - for me.

I was wondering if, with the right paint apps, this could be converted to a killer version of Scar Jo. And, it probably can be.....but even here, in the base sculpt, the likeness (IMHO) is way off....

It's still a nice piece, and if it wasn't for the fact that the price is based on this being a "hyper real" statue of Scar Jo - I'd buy it. But right now, both versions are between $200 - $400 overpriced.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:05 AM   #982
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
In those photos, the unpainted one is really the money shot - for me.

I was wondering if, with the right paint apps, this could be converted to a killer version of Scar Jo. And, it probably can be.....but even here, in the base sculpt, the likeness (IMHO) is way off....

It's still a nice piece, and if it wasn't for the fact that the price is based on this being a "hyper real" statue of Scar Jo - I'd buy it. But right now, both versions are between $200 - $400 overpriced.
Since the base price for even a Sideshow 1/4 scale statue is now around $600, I don't know how you can say it's $400 overpriced? $200 maybe on the white, but not so much on the black.

And of course Iron Studio's 1/4 scales were priced $800 a couple of years back, and now they're more like $1,000. And we've all seen Prime 1's pricing, so the $730 (Black), $795 (White) isn't exactly horrible.

And Queen's actual pricing for one of their hyper real statues like their Loki is $1,140 USD.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:43 AM   #983
French Cancan
Deadman

The black Black Widow is no more expensive than a 1/4 sideshow for me. For this price, I didn’t expect a hyper real Scarjo anyway. And honestly, I don’t care. I see enough Scarjo, and that’s all that matters. The Hyper Real Thing guys just have to wait for the JND 3k silicone Scarjo, they probably won’t be disappointed. Here, the paintjob seems to me to be on the same level as that of Blitzway.
I know from experience how it can be very easy to suddenly lose a resemblance because of a brush stroke that will deviate by a quarter of a mil.
I also know from experience that resemblance is easier to obtain on a male face than on a female face.
In short, if I receive a statue with the same quality of paint, I will be very happy.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:22 AM   #984
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
The black Black Widow is no more expensive than a 1/4 sideshow for me. For this price, I didn?t expect a hyper real Scarjo anyway. And honestly, I don?t care. I see enough Scarjo, and that?s all that matters. The Hyper Real Thing guys just have to wait for the JND 3k silicone Scarjo, they probably won?t be disappointed. Here, the paintjob seems to me to be on the same level as that of Blitzway.
I know from experience how it can be very easy to suddenly lose a resemblance because of a brush stroke that will deviate by a quarter of a mil.
I also know from experience that resemblance is easier to obtain on a male face than on a female face.
In short, if I receive a statue with the same quality of paint, I will be very happy.
I wouldn’t say JND’s are all that great. I finally saw my first one in person (1st Joker), and the damn thing was seriously leaning to its left. I’ve never seen a statue lean that much without a cape pulling it to one side.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:20 AM   #985
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Since the base price for even a Sideshow 1/4 scale statue is now around $600, I don't know how you can say it's $400 overpriced? $200 maybe on the white, but not so much on the black.

And of course Iron Studio's 1/4 scales were priced $800 a couple of years back, and now they're more like $1,000. And we've all seen Prime 1's pricing, so the $730 (Black), $795 (White) isn't exactly horrible.

And Queen's actual pricing for one of their hyper real statues like their Loki is $1,140 USD.
Ok, I'm to blame for this miscommunication - in Europe, specifically Germany! The Black suit version is selling for around 900 - 950 EUR, the White Version is somewhere around 1010 -1015 EUR. I shouldn't have used $ as that just confuses everything.

A Sideshow 1/4 comes in around 550 - 600 EUR. Before shipping and tax.

So, if this was advertised as a random Superhero woman - considering Queen Studios "quality" is a step above Sideshow (IMHO) I'd say, a reasonable price would be about 200 - 400 EUR cheaper than Queen is currently selling for. If they had hit it out the park with likeness, I'd say their price is great - but they didn't. So I can't justify paying so much more for a slightly better quality statue than a Sideshow piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
The black Black Widow is no more expensive than a 1/4 sideshow for me. For this price, I didn?t expect a hyper real Scarjo anyway. And honestly, I don?t care. I see enough Scarjo, and that?s all that matters. The Hyper Real Thing guys just have to wait for the JND 3k silicone Scarjo, they probably won?t be disappointed. Here, the paintjob seems to me to be on the same level as that of Blitzway.
I'm glad she ticks all the boxes for you. I agree it's a nice female sculpt. If you're not concerned with likeness, and you're happy with the price, then congratulations - Jack pot for you.

Quote:
I wouldn?t say JND?s are all that great. I finally saw my first one in person (1st Joker), and the damn thing was seriously leaning to its left. I?ve never seen a statue lean that much without a cape pulling it to one side.
I agree, that 1st JND piece is really not the best. I would say, so far, in my opinion, the best they've made is WW84, followed by Catwoman. Everything else (delivered pieces) have been a miss. Let's see how the next pieces are.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:27 PM   #986
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Ok, I'm to blame for this miscommunication - in Europe, specifically Germany! The Black suit version is selling for around 900 - 950 EUR, the White Version is somewhere around 1010 -1015 EUR. I shouldn't have used $ as that just confuses everything.

A Sideshow 1/4 comes in around 550 - 600 EUR. Before shipping and tax.

So, if this was advertised as a random Superhero woman - considering Queen Studios "quality" is a step above Sideshow (IMHO) I'd say, a reasonable price would be about 200 - 400 EUR cheaper than Queen is currently selling for. If they had hit it out the park with likeness, I'd say their price is great - but they didn't. So I can't justify paying so much more for a slightly better quality statue than a Sideshow piece.

I'm glad she ticks all the boxes for you. I agree it's a nice female sculpt. If you're not concerned with likeness, and you're happy with the price, then congratulations - Jack pot for you.

I agree, that 1st JND piece is really not the best. I would say, so far, in my opinion, the best they've made is WW84, followed by Catwoman. Everything else (delivered pieces) have been a miss. Let's see how the next pieces are.
Unfortunately it seems it has more to do with where you're located than it being a case of USD vs EUR. As it appears prices are being inflated from wherever you're sourcing them from. Given that French Cancan is located in France I would've thought your prices would be pretty similar, as they're able to source it similar to a Sideshow piece.

Also here in Australia, while our main distributer Popcultcha/Ikons can't source them, Sugo does. And the price Sugo was able to put them up 'originally' wasn't that much higher than the retail for Premium formats over at Popcultcha. Premium formats are now around $1,000 to $1,100 AUD while Sugo priced the Black/White at $1,199/$1,299. And we also get 'free' domestic shipping from both Popcultcha and Sugo.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:52 PM   #987
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Unfortunately it seems it has more to do with where you're located than it being a case of USD vs EUR. As it appears prices are being inflated from wherever you're sourcing them from. Given that French Cancan is located in France I would've thought your prices would be pretty similar, as they're able to source it similar to a Sideshow piece.

Also here in Australia, while our main distributer Popcultcha/Ikons can't source them, Sugo does. And the price Sugo was able to put them up 'originally' wasn't that much higher than the retail for Premium formats over at Popcultcha. Premium formats are now around $1,000 to $1,100 AUD while Sugo priced the Black/White at $1,199/$1,299. And we also get 'free' domestic shipping from both Popcultcha and Sugo.

But all that aside, if I ignore the Scar Jo likeness "issue" - it's a really nice piece. Knowing what QS can do with wool hair rooting, I wish they'd done that here as well....maybe that's only for future pieces.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:11 PM   #988
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Unfortunately it seems it has more to do with where you're located than it being a case of USD vs EUR. As it appears prices are being inflated from wherever you're sourcing them from.
Exactly, anybody could have ordered from spec fiction for basically retail price. Queen's 1/4 scales are very reasonably priced, the only one that was pricey was their wonder woman but even then, the extras and quality justifies that

Unfortunately there are shipping and customs fees that elevate the price of admission
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #989
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

But all that aside, if I ignore the Scar Jo likeness "issue" - it's a really nice piece. Knowing what QS can do with wool hair rooting, I wish they'd done that here as well....maybe that's only for future pieces.
And then it would've been priced closer to Loki's $1,140 which is substantially more than the $730/$795 of the Black/White which you already considered high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Exactly, anybody could have ordered from spec fiction for basically retail price. Queen's 1/4 scales are very reasonably priced, the only one that was pricey was their wonder woman but even then, the extras and quality justifies that

Unfortunately there are shipping and customs fees that elevate the price of admission
Well Loki was priced $200 higher than the $940 for the 'comic' Wonder Woman piece.

And that's why I preorder locally from Sugo, as the cost to me can be substantially lower, I can also get the piece in hand quite a bit earlier than Spec. One of my last Queen pieces I received four months earlier than Spec.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:09 PM   #990
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Both start shipping this month, per QS shipping schedule.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote