Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-04-2022, 10:52 PM   #461
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I really hope mine turns out like that. Looks great.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:16 AM   #462
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Just got invoice from Sugo today.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:19 AM   #463
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Same here. Hopefully it ships soon.

Also, it shows they have it in stock for anyone interested.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:16 AM   #464
ukshaun
Hercules

I was watching a live YouTube chat, and they had on as a guess John from Queen Studios. He was asked about the Joker, and the numbering issues (lack of) and who painted the production pieces with real-hair?

John explained the company is on a learning curve. The lack of numbering was intentional, as the focus was on supplying a certificate with each piece, of which there are 300
On the subject of painting. Viper is too busy painting other stuff to paint all the Joker's with real-hair. The real-hair pieces were painted in house (not in a Chinese factory) and Viper was involved in QC

Since i have the sculpted hair on pre_order, i am none too bothered. I thought i would share the info.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:42 AM   #465
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I was watching a live YouTube chat, and they had on as a guess John from Queen Studios. He was asked about the Joker, and the numbering issues (lack of) and who painted the production pieces with real-hair?

John explained the company is on a learning curve. The lack of numbering was intentional, as the focus was on supplying a certificate with each piece, of which there are 300
On the subject of painting. Viper is too busy painting other stuff to paint all the Joker's with real-hair. The real-hair pieces were painted in house (not in a Chinese factory) and Viper was involved in QC

Since i have the sculpted hair on pre_order, i am none too bothered. I thought i would share the info.
what a load of B.S........

So, they didn't number the pieces, because they wanted to issue a certificate.....and so, what would the certificate say? "This is a statue".....great, good to know.

And I love the part about Viper being too busy. He wasn't too busy when they were charging double the cost of the basic statue....now everyone is balls deep in pre orders - now he's too busy. But don't worry, they're being painted "in-house" and not in a Chinese factory - I mean, ignoring the fact that they've already lied about the piece once, why would you trust them now? Oh, and considering Queen is a Chinese company, in-house = a Chinese factory.

I'm so glad I cancelled my pre order. I can see me not spending another penny with these clowns.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #466
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
what a load of B.S........

So, they didn't number the pieces, because they wanted to issue a certificate.....and so, what would the certificate say? "This is a statue".....great, good to know.

And I love the part about Viper being too busy. He wasn't too busy when they were charging double the cost of the basic statue....now everyone is balls deep in pre orders - now he's too busy. But don't worry, they're being painted "in-house" and not in a Chinese factory - I mean, ignoring the fact that they've already lied about the piece once, why would you trust them now? Oh, and considering Queen is a Chinese company, in-house = a Chinese factory.

I'm so glad I cancelled my pre order. I can see me not spending another penny with these clowns.
I think he (John) mentioned that the idea of the certificate is to show that you (the collector) is the owner of one of 300. In that sense, it makes all 300 equal. All 300 are equal in value. No one can claim to own no.1 while someone else would own no.300

When Sideshow number their stautes it is a farce. No.1 does not mean it was the first to roll off the production line. The numbers are added later (apparently).

On the face of it, Queen Studio's are attempting to be transparent.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:21 PM   #467
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Like they've said before, they aren't businesspeople first, they are artists, so mistakes will happen. I'm not a queen fanboy by any means, and I cancelled my order of joker. However, I think it's more naivety and silly mistakes rather than anything malicious on their side that causes these issues. We can get angry and accuse them of underhand tactics but at the end of the day, it won't change what's happened, I choose to take a more pragmatic view
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #468
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Like they've said before, they aren't businesspeople first, they are artists, so mistakes will happen. I'm not a queen fanboy by any means, and I cancelled my order of joker. However, I think it's more naivety and silly mistakes rather than anything malicious on their side that causes these issues. We can get angry and accuse them of underhand tactics but at the end of the day, it won't change what's happened, I choose to take a more pragmatic view
...I'm sorry, the minute you inject money transactions into the equation - it's business. And like most things, we get punished for our mistakes.

There's nothing "artist" related, in telling people lies. When they misled customers regarding the origins of the "Artist" Edition Joker - that wasn't a clumsy mistake - in my opinion, that was out right fraud.

I'm not about to go on a crusade to destroy Queen Studios. I will call out b.s. when I read it. If people want to defend their actions, and reward them with business - in my eyes that's 100% ok. I just chose not to. Especially now, when money is definitely not something to throw around Willy Nilly.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:37 PM   #469
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I agree. 100%.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:54 PM   #470
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
...I'm sorry, the minute you inject money transactions into the equation - it's business. And like most things, we get punished for our mistakes.

There's nothing "artist" related, in telling people lies. When they misled customers regarding the origins of the "Artist" Edition Joker - that wasn't a clumsy mistake - in my opinion, that was out right fraud.

I'm not about to go on a crusade to destroy Queen Studios. I will call out b.s. when I read it. If people want to defend their actions, and reward them with business - in my eyes that's 100% ok. I just chose not to. Especially now, when money is definitely not something to throw around Willy Nilly.
The thing is I don’t think it was ever actually confirmed that Viper himself would actually would be painting the Artist Edition.

It was just something most assumed given the phrasing ‘Artist edition’ and the premium being paid as his name was being thrown about as being part of the team. It was never part of the official write out on the piece.

And now you’ve got his InArt pieces, which they’ve pretty much been more transparent that the exact same thing will be occurring.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote