Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-04-2020, 06:19 AM   #21
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:01 AM   #22
Shoo
The Enchantress

Pic by Tang Brothers:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:21 AM   #23
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Awesome WW!

+1 Lasso posing could use some more thought though...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:57 AM   #24
jonylin
Justice League

Wow this looks amazing, could potentially be my favorite Wonder Woman statue so far! Is this really not based off the movies though? Literally everything about this outfit is from the movies and not the comics, including the Rebirth version. The face even looks like Gal. When I first saw this, I assumed it was supposed to be a 1/4 scale normal outfit Wonder Woman statue for WW84 to go with their 1/4 scale golden eagle armor.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:07 AM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
Wow this looks amazing, could potentially be my favorite Wonder Woman statue so far! Is this really not based off the movies though? Literally everything about this outfit is from the movies and not the comics, including the Rebirth version. The face even looks like Gal. When I first saw this, I assumed it was supposed to be a 1/4 scale normal outfit Wonder Woman statue for WW84 to go with their 1/4 scale golden eagle armor.
I know what you mean.

In her normal costume have we even seen her use anything but her lasso in the 1984 trailers yet?

Though I do think it’s comic as I feel the body sculpt is bulkier than GG.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:17 AM   #26
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I know what you mean.

In her normal costume have we even seen her use anything but her lasso in the 1984 trailers yet?

Though I do think it’s comic as I feel the body sculpt is bulkier than GG.
Nope, she only uses her lasso and it's been confirmed by Gal herself that they specifically didn't want her to use her sword and shield in the movie because they came off as too aggressive.

The build isn't that far off from how Gal looks in WW84 though. The only thing that I noticed isn't from the movies is the WW logo, which isn't from any specific source that I could find. Maybe it's just a placeholder? I feel like Queen Studios wouldn't be allowed to use the movie armor and call it the comic version due to licensing right? Or maybe I'm wrong but the whole situation is quite strange regardless.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:02 AM   #27
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
Nope, she only uses her lasso and it's been confirmed by Gal herself that they specifically didn't want her to use her sword and shield in the movie because they came off as too aggressive.

The build isn't that far off from how Gal looks in WW84 though. The only thing that I noticed isn't from the movies is the WW logo, which isn't from any specific source that I could find. Maybe it's just a placeholder? I feel like Queen Studios wouldn't be allowed to use the movie armor and call it the comic version due to licensing right? Or maybe I'm wrong but the whole situation is quite strange regardless.
For real? Too aggressive to who? A shield to the head with a few sword chops would shut Cheetah up pretty quick.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #28
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
For real? Too aggressive to who? A shield to the head with a few sword chops would shut Cheetah up pretty quick.
IIRC its because aggressive and that also WW is basically a demi-god on the level of superman. Why would she be even using a sword and shield? Also and this is just my take, for most mainstream people the Lasso of truth and tiara are way more iconic than the sword and shield. So those will be highlighted more probably.

Also I like the Lasso... The more into comics I get the more I'm baffled at people here wanting things to make sense. It looks like an awesome comic cover come to life.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #29
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
You can see what Gal said here: https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...-sword-shield/
Old 10-05-2020, 04:51 PM   #30
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
WW is basically a demi-god on the level of superman. Why would she be even using a sword and shield?
she used the hell out of that sword and shield against doomsday in bvs, she could have just about taken him by herself
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote