Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-11-2022, 07:27 PM   #11
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hair is parted on the wrong side, its parted like Justice League.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:17 AM   #12
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Maybe that's why John got confused and said this might be black suit
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:13 AM   #13
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

No, they will fix the hair. IT will be colored as its from MOS and there first piece of Superman. HE did where a black and silver suit in MOS, But that was only a 2 min bit. HENRYS HAIR was perfect in my opinion in MOS.

I HATED how they slicked his hair back in BVS, made him look less innocent and more serious in some way, less youthful. IT WAS perfect for the evil superman look when he kills batman in the underground, but I just didn't like it.

It reminded me of CHRIS REEVE in Superman the movie, his hair constantly changed but when they had it semi wavy and not to big of an s curl, IT WAS PERFECT. The hair in the DONNER CUT during the scene when he is in Clark cloths arguing with JOREL, that was perfect SUPERMAN HAIR, it was nailed, don't know why they kept changing it. By SUPERMAN 3 REEVE was wearing a wig that had the same slicked back hair look that Henry had in BVS and because it reminds me of that I hate it every time. Then in ZSJL they change the hair again putting more curl into it and really low to the head AND they switched sides for the parting.

NOW I would love to know why when he comes back from dead he has a new hair style. I LIKED IT better then BVS, BUT less than MOS. QUEEN will fix the hair part but they are getting really good at doing the hair, the hair on INFINITYS is god awful and any true fan could not live with it and would restyle and use a curling iron, its real hair, its how they curl there other busts when it is needed.

I HAVE collected SILICONE busts for almost 20 years and I WOULD say I am a perfectionist and have had to simply restyle and hairspray 80% of them by the time they get through shipping. OF that 80% I would say 20% I have actually had to cut the hair and restyle it.

ITS a pain in the ass, but the end result speaks for it self, but I AM by no means a pro hair styler, but I Styled my hair for years as I was a guy with crazy straight hair and it was just awful so I had to learn ways of using combs and hot as hell hair dryers would work with product in the hair to give me wavy or even curly hair. I TRIED a curling iron but I COULD do with a round brush and heat what I could achieve with a iron.

I GUESS, looking back I pretty much almost styled my hair like SUPERMAN, EVEN down to an S CURL, but I did it on both sides so it was not so GEEKY looking and obvious I kinda went for a superman look.

The bottom line is YOU do need to have an artist eye and and photo memory to do this stuff. BECAUSE if you cut the hair or fry it in any way, then you have just wasted 4 to 15 000 on a bust or statue made of silicone. YOU would have to have the hair repunched and that is the longest labor part of the whole bust.

BUT THAT INFINITY superman is the worst, it does not look like that because of shipping, they are styling it that way, VERY lazy on their part, especially with the JL LOGO on the back, so they are saying its a JL superman. WELL everyone knows out of all movies, HENRYS hair was parted the opposite way and was the curliest out of any of the films, they even had a mini spit curl in some scenes.

SO Queen actually listens to their fans and will make the changes, they will do a good job. AND I'm very glad they are starting with MOS and going from there. INFINITYS ZSJL superman 2nd statue that will have the black suit and shows the hair very styled, will be way better, you grow as a company and learn pretty fast what works and what doesn't. HAIR is the hardest thing to do. I have even had artists that I HAVE redone the hair ask me how the hell I did that or who did I take it to. I just said I played with it until it looked like it did in my head. Then I'm told that the hair was even styled by a hairdresser and sent a picture to prove it.

SO I started with no experience, but if INFINITY cut the hair too short and slicked back then your screwed in trying to do anything with it. But if you've got length, then just wash the hair and go to town. I COULD NOT live with that and its just part of the game that goes with getting silicone busts, packing and shipping often wreck the hair by the time it gets to you so you have to be willing to do something.

HAVING sculpted hair is not realistic looking and for people that don't want the hassle, but people who want the most real piece they can get understand why it has to have real hair and silicone, other wise it just looks fake, and that is not what any TRUE silicone collector wants.

I COLLECTED resin sculpted hair for years and it always bugged me because the face could look really close to real if you have a good painter but the hair always looks so fake. SO YES, real hair is needed and I'm sure QUEEN will make it look good. JUST NEED MORE product in hair to make it hold up better and packaging that has area around the head so the hair don't get touched. WOW, that was more than I MEANT to write. SORRY GUYS.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:03 AM   #14
Brandon
The X-Men

So excited for this! MOS is probably my favorite DCEU movie, I hope they nail this.

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:28 AM   #15
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Need to see more.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 03:51 AM   #16
Brandon
The X-Men

Seems like they'll offer this in two colors. Unfortunately I'm not sold on the likeness from these pics. Hope to see more soon.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:49 AM   #17
Johnny Utah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Likeness is a miss.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #18
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Yes, likeness is off...and on a life size bust, that is a deal breaker for me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:44 PM   #19
azurepred
Zot

it seems like they used the same digital file for the bust and statue, which is off for the likeness.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 03:51 PM   #20
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
it seems like they used the same digital file for the bust and statue, which is off for the likeness.
I'm pretty sure they did the same thing with their 1/2 and LSB Captain America. Seems lazy imo.