Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-03-2022, 01:30 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quesada is out

Yeah, as i learned from Newsarama, Quesada quit his Marvel Editor in Chief position after more than 20 years on the job.

What does that mean for Daredevil ? If you don't know Quesada's favorite Marvel character is Daredevil so Quesada kept Daredevil consistantly good as far as he worked with Marvel. Daredevil was consistantly street level, joined no super hero teams, he was in his corner on Hellskitchen doing his thing, having his exceptional street level adventures, something, i always dreamed for Batman. Now, Quesada is out. Do you think the new Editor in Chief will send Daredevil in space, do crazy things with him, make him join Avengers and ruin him just like DC ruined Batman. I hope so... DC ruins Batman constantly, and i hate it so Daredevil fans should feel the same pain... I hope new editor in chief doesn't give two ----s about Daredevil and send him to space with Avengers or something. suffer Daredevil fans, suffer just like me... (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:39 PM   #2
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

You're a cruel man, Dark Knight, a very cruel man....
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:43 PM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

There was a time when I was anxious for what new leadership in comic companies would bring. Now I just think of a line of a song from The Who.....” meet the new boss, same as the old boss”.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:54 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
You're a cruel man, Dark Knight, a very cruel man....
Old 06-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #5
qz33
Rescue

Doubt it. Batman is pretty much all DC has that is universally loved with a proven track record. They can't figure out what to do with Superman in the comics or a movie in 40 years! So Batman has to be pimped.

Daredevil is 3rd tier. He won't ever make money like X-Men or Avengers.

This is really analogous to all of comics. There's too much money to risk or where quality can influence a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
What does that mean for Daredevil ? If you don't know Quesada's favorite Marvel character is Daredevil so Quesada kept Daredevil consistantly good as far as he worked with Marvel. Daredevil was consistantly street level, joined no super hero teams, he was in his corner on Hellskitchen doing his thing, having his exceptional street level adventures, something, i always dreamed for Batman. Now, Quesada is out. Do you think the new Editor in Chief will send Daredevil in space, do crazy things with him, make him join Avengers and ruin him just like DC ruined Batman. I hope so... DC ruins Batman constantly, and i hate it so Daredevil fans should feel the same pain... I hope new editor in chief doesn't give two ----s about Daredevil and send him to space with Avengers or something. suffer Daredevil fans, suffer just like me... (:
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 02:42 PM   #6
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well the current writer of daredevil is now the new writer for Batman and I know his daredevil run has gotten high praise
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 02:46 PM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Well the current writer of daredevil is now the new writer for Batman and I know his daredevil run has gotten high praise
Yeah, after my endless -----ings, DC had to do something at some point...
Old 06-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #8
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
No disrespect my brotha, but high praise in this day and age means very little.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:03 PM   #9
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Actually, Joe Q stopped being Editor-In-Chief of the comic book line back in 2011 to become Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Enterprises. Then, a few years ago, Kevin Fiege became Chief Creative Officer and Joe Q was made Executive VP and Creative Director. So he’s been out from the EIC role and separated from the comic books for 11 years. He just this week resigned from Marvel altogether.

Last edited by wktf; 06-03-2022 at 10:06 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:29 AM   #10
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Actually, Joe Q stopped being Editor-In-Chief of the comic book line back in 2011 to become Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Enterprises. Then, a few years ago, Kevin Fiege became Chief Creative Officer and Joe Q was made Executive VP and Creative Director. So he?s been out from the EIC role and separated from the comic books for 11 years. He just this week resigned from Marvel altogether.
Then that is Newsarama's mistake because they said he had been in the Role of the Editor in Chief before he quit Marvel. I just carried whatever i read there. I don't know what a Chief Creative Officer or Executive VP's job involve anyway. (: Forgive my ignorance, i have never worked in a company so far. Quesada must have power over the books in other positions as well. I mean he was the guy behind consistant quality of Daredevil for sure, if you ask me. I know how passionet he was about Daredevil from interviews. I mean a book being that consistantly good is just not luck for sure.