Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-11-2022, 10:15 AM   #21
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Looking at this IG photo by JurassicVictim, Spiral Studio Giga could potentially really be an oversized 1:10.

And yet looking at this other one from Rob Miranda, it could also even be a really undersized 1:5.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSTCfx9LJIc/

This is wild, in person the difference between the Iron Studios 1:10 Rex (which is already oversized considering it's as big as Chronicle 1:9 and waay bigger than Prime 1:15) and the 1:5 Rex is so colossal that inside the IS Breakout Diorama the latter would look like Godzilla.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:41 AM   #22
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Well at the moment they only announced one piece, as good as the Jurassic Prime 1 offering, but so fairly priced in comparison it's a literal steal. I love them already.

For real. Problem with the older movies as always is sculpt sources.
Jurassic World pieces are going to be mindblowing thanks to digital files, but what are they going to use for eventual JP pieces?

Made by them like Iron Studios? Eh, not really that exciting.
Julien Romeo models like Prime 1? Probably much better, but already done still.
Actual Stan Winston Studio maquettes like Chronicle, but in different poses and slightly altered? The dream, ultimate pieces.

But for the Bull Rex SWS never made a full body maquette, so in theory they would have to use the 1:5 head on top of an altered female body.
For this product do you know if is the same sculpt bust from the animatronics by John Nolan.
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:47 AM   #23
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygarrett09 View Post
For this product do you know if is the same sculpt bust from the animatronics by John Nolan.
I have no idea, but based on Fallen Kingdom i would guess they made the animatronic from the same digital files used by ILM.
And then used as source by Prime 1, Infinity Studios and Spiral Studio.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:39 PM   #24
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Love this format for a bust. The inclusion of the shoulders and arms gives it a lot of presence.

I just wish it were a JP or TLW Rex instead.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:30 PM   #25
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

[QUOTE=VickPS;6045509]Well at the moment they only announced one piece, as good as the Jurassic Prime 1 offering, but so fairly priced in comparison it's a literal steal. I love them already.

Its not about price for me, If the piece stands out and I can see the quality in it, happy to pay for it. Queen looks a bit gimmicky to me, odd scale and done to death with Blue. Also I do love Queen, have 9 preorders with them.

I really like these early pics on the Infinity, doing something different, bust with arms, WOW can't wait for final specs on this.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 05:20 AM   #26
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Its not about price for me, If the piece stands out and I can see the quality in it, happy to pay for it.
Sure, but if Queen Studios can produce P1 quality for half the price, actual 1K+ pieces should then translate into impeccable and intricate paitjob, glass eyes, acrylic claws and so on, for an ultimately better product.

Price does matter to these companies, higher price usually means less sales, and when higher price doesn't necessarily mean better quality, like often happened so far with JP products, that's a problem for the consumer.
Old 06-18-2022, 02:21 PM   #27
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Saw the full finished Giganotosaurus from Spiral Studio on IG, posted it here. Pretty cool, but that tail seam for what it's going to cost is a big no imo.