Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Then we have officially run out of topics to discuss if this is all that is left. SF should be shut down immediately.
You posted twice...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:28 PM   #22
Underdog07
Hercules

my keybord is broken so I can only bid in multiples of 8, so I either get a deal or royally screwed.

Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #23
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

i'm not really sure why you are complaining. you're mad because people are bidding on your items? you can send those guys over to my auctions. they're welcome to drive up the price anytime. you can always start the item at a higher price and pay a larger insertion fee.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
i'm not really sure why you are complaining. you're mad because people are bidding on your items? you can send those guys over to my auctions. they're welcome to drive up the price anytime. you can always start the item at a higher price and pay a larger insertion fee.
Actually it would annoy me also. I tend to watch auctions and look at sellers past auctions. If I spot the same people bidding on their stuff I tend to think it's shill bidding and stay away. My first thought is multiple accounts or people working together to drive up prices. I also stay away from people who have lots of zero feedback bidders on their auctions.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #25
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Actually it would annoy me also. I tend to watch auctions and look at sellers past auctions. If I spot the same people bidding on their stuff I tend to think it's shill bidding and stay away. My first thought is multiple accounts or people working together to drive up prices. I also stay away from people who have lots of zero feedback bidders on their auctions.
I posted on my auctions that if you have 0 or poor feedback, and from another country that you can't bid.

I had a sale yesterday, and two hours before the end I had a 0 feedback Canadian bid. I cancelled his bid, and put him on my non bidder list. He wrote me, and told me how much he wanted it.

I told him that I would let him bid, but he had to pay for it today. Plus he had to pay for the more costly shipping of Fed Ex so that I could prove it to Paypal. I never heard from him again.

Now I did end up selling the piece to a guy in France. He has 800 positive feedback. I'm not going to make him use Fed ex.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #26
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
I guess there is no real difference with this guy, then us. He spends all his time bidding, on items he will never get. We spend our time here. Plus he is hardly driving up my prices with his tiny bids.