Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Mandalorians Prelim - Opinions Please!

Here is a Prelim on a commission I've ordered from Jose Luis via comicconart.com Jose is a definite favorite of mine.

The idea here was based on the Republic Commando's books by Karen Traviss. The concept was to have Kal Skirata and a Null Arc in a kind of father and son pose with Kal being the proud poppa just after a battle. Now the prelim came back a little different and with out the Arc but rather as two madalorians. I think it works kind of well. Here it is.

The helmeted Mandalorian fits well with Boba Fett's armor. We know that he was active as a hunter during the end of the clone wars possibly and definately through the dark times. I'm thinking more of making this fett with another mandalorian - possibly skirata and dropping the whole ARC thing.

Obviously I think in the background I should go with something star wars specific for the ship that's breaking up in the top right.

Anybody give me some ideas for feedback on this?

Thanks
Byron
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Underdog07
Hercules

niot part of your question, but the exploding ship looks like it is exploding bc of Fett's rocket pack.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Yeah, I noticed that. The rocket on Fett's pack should be more centered behind his head. I think I want to get the rocket removed from the other Mandalorian altogether.

I think I also want the other mandalorian to look older. It seems that speculation says that Skirata looks a little like Ed Harris. I think maybe something along the lines of how he looked in The Rock.
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote