Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 01-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Readers (Reading Glasses)

Have no choice but to wear these now. Just had cataract surgery, & while they fixed my near-sighted stigmatism (I can now see things further away & no longer need glasses all the time like I have since I was 8) in the deal, I'm now completely at the mercy of reading glasses to see things close-up, & for reading. Of course, compared to my alternative, I'm very thankful, but, I gotta say, they're an enormous p.i.a. and my vision isn't as good w/ them as it was before. I hope that my love of reading isn't squelched by this new predicament. Any one else wear them? If so, was it a big adjustment? Maybe I should get one of those old-lady, fake-pearl strings that attach to them so I can just leave them dangling from my neck all the time over my cardigan sweater.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Maybe I should get one of those old-lady, fake-pearl strings that attach to them so I can just leave them dangling from my neck all the time over my cardigan sweater.
it beats the alternative
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
My doctor just told me that I would need to start wearing these as well. I am going to order these, http://www.americanreadingglasses.com/product/80
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
My doctor just told me that I would need to start wearing these as well. I am going to order these, http://www.americanreadingglasses.com/product/80
Good price & cool specs. They're a bit too modern for me, but I like 'em. I paid $30 for 2 pair today (until I get a proper prescription after my just operated on eyes adjust for a month. I was told that whatever # you end up with at the pharmacy, cut it in half for your computer time. Consequently, I picked up a #200 for general reading and close up crap ... & a #100 for computer work. Both are working, so far, but ... that being said, I still can't see as well as I could pre-op, just in terms of reading. Still ... MrYak is right ... I'd much rather have 'em than not be able to use them.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote