Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 04-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #2161
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
Good job mMarvelboi77! I have come across the same issue at Target sometimes. I recently called a local Target because they had just got a case in and the system said they had 8 (a case) in the store. When I called, the toy associate said they had none and would NOT bother to check the DPCI number I had. I called back and asked for a manager and after a little discussion he had someone go in the back storeroom and I got my Black Widow! It shouldn't be this difficult to get toys IMO!
Nice. There is a Target in Irvine, that refuses to go back to the stockroom. They could have zero on the shelf and if it says they have more in the back based on the scanner. They will tell you that it is store policy not to go back and get collectables. Boo.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 AM   #2162
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Well good thing that's not Target's policy. I guess there must be some incentive to work there, because it sure the hell isn't the pay, healthcare, 401k, or pension. So if making an extra $40 bucks from a figure to add to a $150 weekly paycheck helps people out, more power to ya.
I don't sell the figures I get most of the time - they are for my personal collection. Most of the collector's are pretty known to us and we, I think, treat them as fairly as possible. When it comes to getting first dibs, though - that's all us. That's not saying if something was more than one per case that people can just snatch up all the extra figures - there is no rule against it - but it's frowned upon to be a hog.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #2163
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Nice. There is a Target in Irvine, that refuses to go back to the stockroom. They could have zero on the shelf and if it says they have more in the back based on the scanner. They will tell you that it is store policy not to go back and get collectables. Boo.
The Target in Kingston does the same thing - although it was an edict passed down when the Doc Samson/WWH MU series came out - and it depended on who you asked.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #2164
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

A new case of Cap figures comes with 2 Black Widow's out of the 8. That should make them a little easier to find.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #2165
adee
Green Arrow

So my son out grew his toys and now they are all mine!

I'm in the process of setting up a display and have already bought some that were missed.
I'm way out of the loop on these and it looks like I missed a whole lot of must haves.

I plan on opening everything I get for the display. The thing that annoys me is the price of the figures from the two packs.
I have to have some of them but man they are expensive!

Can someone tell me what the deal is with Northstar. I have Guardian and Puck and have a chance to get Aurora right now.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #2166
adee
Green Arrow

WIP
Old 06-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #2167
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

I found 3 agents of Hydra at a local TRU. Now I can start my Hydra army building!

And I am going to use that sticky putty on the bottom of their feet to hold them to the shelf
Deathlok2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #2168
k9ziggy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Northstar was a planned variant that never happened. The MU line was converted to the individual lines, right now being Avengers. The back story was (supposedly), retailers didn't want toys that didn't tie in to movies. Marvel's response was to make the toy lines coincide with current release movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
So my son out grew his toys and now they are all mine!

I'm in the process of setting up a display and have already bought some that were missed.
I'm way out of the loop on these and it looks like I missed a whole lot of must haves.

I plan on opening everything I get for the display. The thing that annoys me is the price of the figures from the two packs.
I have to have some of them but man they are expensive!

Can someone tell me what the deal is with Northstar. I have Guardian and Puck and have a chance to get Aurora right now.
k9ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #2169
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9ziggy View Post
Northstar was a planned variant that never happened. The MU line was converted to the individual lines, right now being Avengers. The back story was (supposedly), retailers didn't want toys that didn't tie in to movies. Marvel's response was to make the toy lines coincide with current release movies.
Thanks, That's a bummer about Northstar but I may get Aurora anyway. Maybe they will finish Alpha Flight with the Infinite line.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #2170
adee
Green Arrow

SDCC exclusive THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
http://comicsalliance.com/hasbro-inf...14-exclusives/

I want all except Thanos and the gauntlet.