Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #151
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I don't think this is a fair statement. There are loads of cult classics that draw the attention of collectors - Star Wars, Predator, Terminator, Beetle-Juice, Batman Returns.....the list is endless.

Some might even argue that the 80's / 90's was the "Golden Age" of cinematic story telling. ...
Yeah I don't think there is as much disagreement with our points of view as you may imply.

What you are describing is EXACTLY the type of dedication to which I am referring.

Robocop hasn't totally aged out of relevance just isn't the hot new thang. If you think the impact on 8-14 year olds would be the same now, after seeing the likes of Iron Man, as when it was in 1987 you are kidding yourself.
Believe it or not Robocop does and will not get the same kind of casual attention as the latest trendy 1K anime statues or similar.

If someone is wanting for a Robocop statue they are going to keep wanting one regardless if it is sold out and will not be deterred because they wasted their current disposable money on something else.

Yes the list is endless but the sales aren't and the prices are part of the sale.

People came out of the woodwork for Prime1's Predator which is the type of dedication I am talking about. Pent up demand and the power of nostalgia.
But to the point of sellouts; it wasn't just dedication it was a slow burn as hype built upon hype. Had Prime1 shown what ended up as their full hand to begin with would most still have purchased? Certainly but there's still plenty, plenty of "MeToo No FOMO" sales for that one.
Now how many people actually pony up 3-4K when the Piper comes vs. give a free donation to Prime1 in the form of their deposits remains to be seen.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #152
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Ordered.
GM4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #153
Blade3327
Nightwing

Unboxing video for their Guts & Zodd piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoevDQ6g1DU

Looks clean enough and the semi-translucent resins used for the claws and tongue are quite nice. I could be wrong, but it also seems like they've been avoiding mixed media on their statues, which might actually be a boon for the Terminator piece. No one wants a flaky jacket. We'll have to see how they handle that.

At the very least, their factory painters appear to be competent. Maybe this company is still at that sweet spot where it's big enough to get good licenses, but small enough not to get complacent with their quality.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:48 PM   #154
Mister H
Gen 13

Ordered. Don't need a new rifle anyway.

......where's my Robocop "blood pact" brother?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #155
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Ordered. Don't need a new rifle anyway.

......where's my Robocop "blood pact" brother?
A new rifle?! Where I'm from, that could only be airsoft or paintball.....oh, the nanny state, how I love thee.

Blood pact complete - I have ordered as well.....so, now we can burn those dollars together (I'm paying with Euro's, but you get my point).
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:45 PM   #156
SONICobra
Batman

if i had more attachment to the movies and the space i would pick this up, i think it looks awesome and the price while steep seems relatively reasonable / worth it. i know the head painter at oniri is a huge robo fan and im sure he will keep the factory up to snuff on the final outcome
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #157
shooterch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well said and very true.
shooterch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #158
FDS
Justice League

I keep looking at this, such a nice piece, best I seen I think. Congrats to those who got this pre-ordered!

Contacted Oniri Créations but they never got back to me. Couldn’t find any UK distributors.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:18 AM   #159
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
A new rifle?! Where I'm from, that could only be airsoft or paintball.....oh, the nanny state, how I love thee.

Blood pact complete - I have ordered as well.....so, now we can burn those dollars together (I'm paying with Euro's, but you get my point).
Now that I bought RoboCop I’m worried about that Terminator they’re working on.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:51 AM   #160
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ordered one also. Just had to jump on it as the proportions, and the suit seems the most authentic I’ve seen so far as Robocop statues go. And yeah, I’m worried about that Terminator as well. Hope it’s not gonna be awesome otherwise I need to order that too.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote