Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 06-06-2022, 09:55 AM   #21
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Not impressed enough for 3K.
Im not sold on the likeness of the mouth area. It's doesn't look and feel like Weller to me. The rest of the bust looks great. If i didn't already have the Barton Bust,. I would not be able to resist this. he paint job looks good too. Reminds me of the Chronicle 1:2 bust paint up. The amount of armor that comes with this bust is BIG selling point.

I think straight on, i prefer the Barton Bust as it's just looks more like Weller than this bust. But all the other angles show how much more Armor comes with this CoolProps bust. It's a pretty sick piece.

1/2 Price shipping sale:

Due to an overwhelmingly positive responce to our ROBOCOP LIFE-SIZE BUST, we would like to offer 50% off shipping on all pre-orders till the end of June. This offer expires on June 30th, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST. Don't miss this chance!!
cautions

United States of America
$750 > $375
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robo Bust.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	150351  
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:57 AM   #22
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Im not sold on the likeness of the mouth area. It's doesn't look and feel like Weller to me. The rest of the bust looks great. If i didn't already have the Barton Bust,. I would not be able to resist this. he paint job looks good too. Reminds me of the Chronicle 1:2 bust paint up. The amount of armor that comes with this bust is BIG selling point.

I think straight on, i prefer the Barton Bust as it's just looks more like Weller than this bust. But all the other angles show how much more Armor comes with this CoolProps bust. It's a pretty sick piece.

1/2 Price shipping sale:

Due to an overwhelmingly positive responce to our ROBOCOP LIFE-SIZE BUST, we would like to offer 50% off shipping on all pre-orders till the end of June. This offer expires on June 30th, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST. Don't miss this chance!!
cautions

United States of America
$750 > $375
I agree the mouth area is what's really throwing this off for me. Not sure I'd buy this for 3K plus shipping even if the bust was perfect, but it would be a hard decision. Right now it's pretty easy to pass on.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:51 AM   #23
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I agree the mouth area is what's really throwing this off for me. Not sure I'd buy this for 3K plus shipping even if the bust was perfect, but it would be a hard decision. Right now it's pretty easy to pass on.
another thing is the shading on the CP Bust looks good, but the base coat it a little light and bright, it would be a shame it if turned out with a straight silver paint job like the Enterbay & Hot Toys figures, even the PCS isn't a perfect paint job.

Old 06-06-2022, 11:54 AM   #24
qz33
Rescue

Thanks for the heads up SHOGUN on the discount. Makes me wonder why it was so high in the 1st place.

Ahh yes that Weller pout. Weller has plump lips but maybe not as quite as plump as Barton's bust.

Love the more armor but somehow from an artistic POV less is almost more on Barton's. This one has so much it makes me really look for his hands.

For the money if I had the Barton bust I wouldn't be considering this. For my 3K the biggest hangups are the silicone's degradation and the paint would have to match exactly what is shown here.

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
another thing is the shading on the CP Bust looks good, but the base coat it a little light and bright, it would be a shame it if turned out with a straight silver paint job like the Enterbay & Hot Toys figures, even the PCS isn't a perfect paint job.
Robo's paint is so iridescent and the reactive to the various lighting, it makes replicating it extremely difficult. Even in the convention pics, which is presumably the exact same bust, a lot of the color shading is gone.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:17 PM   #25
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Thanks for the heads up SHOGUN on the discount. Makes me wonder why it was so high in the 1st place.

Ahh yes that Weller pout. Weller has plump lips but maybe not as quite as plump as Barton's bust.

Love the more armor but somehow from an artistic POV less is almost more on Barton's. This one has so much it makes me really look for his hands.

For the money if I had the Barton bust I wouldn't be considering this. For my 3K the biggest hangups are the silicone's degradation and the paint would have to match exactly what is shown here.

EDIT

Robo's paint is so iridescent and the reactive to the various lighting, it makes replicating it extremely difficult. Even in the convention pics, which is presumably the exact same bust, a lot of the color shading is gone.

it's a pick your poison situation for manufacturers. there is so much room for error. The first run Barton busts i think are as close as we're gonna get in terms of happy medium color tone without erring one way or there other. The Barton bust paint up still isn't 100% perfect as you said....The Chronicle busts were pretty good but the paint up wasn't perfect.

and the second run Sideshow busts has the ridiculous dark stripe on the top of the chest

this CoolProps piece is pretty sick tho, i really like it. It looks outrageous here:

Old 06-06-2022, 12:29 PM   #26
qz33
Rescue

If the CoolProps was $1800-$2200 it would be a no-brainer for me.

Wonder if the silicone adds much to the cost. I just do not see the benefit on this bust.

CoolProps mentions they used silicone so collectors can feel it- yeah no thank you.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:58 PM   #27
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm in for a battle-damaged one if they make it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:44 PM   #28
qz33
Rescue

That'd easily be 4.5K and Full $750 Shipping by that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm in for a battle-damaged one if they make it.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #29
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Probably, but if I'm going to spend thousands then I'd rather get what I want. Someone somewhere will eventually make one.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:15 PM   #30
qz33
Rescue

I kinda doubt it. Robocop is waning and Battle Damage is hard to do well in mass production and risking sales at a high MSRP. Even Queen could not do their Iron Man MK 50 justice.
Chronicle had a good chance but they squandered all their opportunities.
I'd love to be wrong though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Probably, but if I'm going to spend thousands then I'd rather get what I want. Someone somewhere will eventually make one.