Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-06-2021, 11:15 AM   #1121
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
That's an understatement. That piece with it's backpack and unicorn, would undercut the tone of the entire dio. I think one is better off displaying him by himself entirely, or maybe Cable could accompany him.

I think a masked Deadpool wielding katanas or assault weapons would have been more apt. The goofy stuff could have been add-ons in a deluxe version.
Yes! I'd love a 90's Rob Liefield Deadpool. Katana's would be a must. No Unicorn and baby stuff lol.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #1122
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
That's an understatement. That piece with it's backpack and unicorn, would undercut the tone of the entire dio. I think one is better off displaying him by himself entirely, or maybe Cable could accompany him.

I think a masked Deadpool wielding katanas or assault weapons would have been more apt. The goofy stuff could have been add-ons in a deluxe version.
I agree. Have zero interest in that goofy Deadpool. Hard pass for me even at $10. Don’t get the draw for people on it but then again I never understood the draw to POP! Figures or paying for bottled water either (at least in developed countries). Tons of money have been made on them though.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:40 PM   #1123
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Infinite Glory,
Thank you for looking into this!
In a way it's too bad that this Sentinel diorama is based on a classic hero vs villain set-up since I personally would have liked it better if it would be more based on a heroes and villains vs Sentinel theme.
After all, a Sentinel does not make a distinction beween heroes and villains and it would hunt down Magneto just as persistently as Gambit for example.

That being said, i still like this diorama a lot and am happy to have pre-ordered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Honestly I don't think that's the case. Magneto in sentinel dio #2 is clearly controlling the Sentinel to attack the X-Men. He is not attacking the Sentinel. He is using it as a weapon since he controls magnetism. I believe it's Magneto and the Brotherhood vs. the X-Men.

Also I see what you mean it appears Juggernaut is "attacking" the Sentinel but if you look closely you will see he is bashing down the front door (see the gold lion knocker on the door he is smashing). It appears he is busting in the building and Gambit is holding the line against him. Not sure how Gambit is going to stop Magneto or the Sentinel on his own tho lol.

Also straight from Iron Studios description, it says Magneto is controlling the Sentinel...
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #1124
fsdre
Mephisto

Any word from my direct order IS peeps??? Has anyone reached out and heard back of when they are shipping?
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:30 PM   #1125
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi Infinite Glory,
Thank you for looking into this!
In a way it's too bad that this Sentinel diorama is based on a classic hero vs villain set-up since I personally would have liked it better if it would be more based on a heroes and villains vs Sentinel theme.
After all, a Sentinel does not make a distinction beween heroes and villains and it would hunt down Magneto just as persistently as Gambit for example.

That being said, i still like this diorama a lot and am happy to have pre-ordered it.

Rainer
Hi Rainer! Great feedback as usual. I do agree with you mostly. A Sentinel would attack Juggernaut just as he would Gambit. In this specific case tho, it wouldn't attack Magneto, or maybe it would try, but he would use his ability to control it and direct it's attacks at the X-Men. I would assume he would also use those same abilities to make it not attack his fellow brotherhood members.

BUT, obviously Magneto can only do so much, and if he is not near the whole brotherhood, I'm sure some members would have to protect themselves from the Sentinel attacks as well .

But since overall I think the theme is Magneto bringing the brotherhood and bringing the sentinels to attack the X-Men at home in the mansion, most of the brotherhood would be focused on attacking the X-Men.

Sentinel 2 is the only one featuring non X-Men, so you really can display it however you want to ha. Having them team up sure seems like a good idea as well.

One character I have a hard time explaining is Silver Samurai. He is not part of the brotherhood, and while sure I know him and Wolverine are enemies, why would he just so happen to be there on the same day as Magneto and the Brotherhood? Seems he would pick a less..."busy" day to visit lol.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #1126
dmk
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
Any word from my direct order IS peeps??? Has anyone reached out and heard back of when they are shipping?
someone in a fb group said that IS told them shipping should be this week. who knows though.
dmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:35 PM   #1127
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk View Post
someone in a fb group said that IS told them shipping should be this week. who knows though.
I got an email from them last night saying they are expecting it any day now. I don’t get how everybody else got it first but I’m not sure how they do their logistics.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:24 PM   #1128
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Infinite Glory,
Thank you for your feedback; it was a pleasure to read!
Your reasoning and arguments are solid and make perfect sense and I understand where Iron Studios and you are coming from.

I am considering adding the Silver Samurai , Bishop and/or Pyro to Sentinel dio #2 once I receive it to add a little extra spice to this diorama.
Your comments about Silver Samurai rang a bell with me since Silver Samurai makes it easier for me to imagine that the dio is about a fight between (mostly) mutants and a Sentinel.
The theme in my mind would be: mutants from all over the world come join us in our fight to stop the Sentinels from destroying your future!
It does not matter if you are an X-Man, a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants or a free agent; if you do not fight now you may not live to see another sunrise.

Without such theme, Silver Samurai would indeed be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Hi Rainer! Great feedback as usual. I do agree with you mostly. A Sentinel would attack Juggernaut just as he would Gambit. In this specific case tho, it wouldn't attack Magneto, or maybe it would try, but he would use his ability to control it and direct it's attacks at the X-Men. I would assume he would also use those same abilities to make it not attack his fellow brotherhood members.

BUT, obviously Magneto can only do so much, and if he is not near the whole brotherhood, I'm sure some members would have to protect themselves from the Sentinel attacks as well .

But since overall I think the theme is Magneto bringing the brotherhood and bringing the sentinels to attack the X-Men at home in the mansion, most of the brotherhood would be focused on attacking the X-Men.

Sentinel 2 is the only one featuring non X-Men, so you really can display it however you want to ha. Having them team up sure seems like a good idea as well.

One character I have a hard time explaining is Silver Samurai. He is not part of the brotherhood, and while sure I know him and Wolverine are enemies, why would he just so happen to be there on the same day as Magneto and the Brotherhood? Seems he would pick a less..."busy" day to visit lol.
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:46 AM   #1129
Biggunz
Loki

You think $3500 or $4000 once sold out?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:11 AM   #1130
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
You think $3500 or $4000 once sold out?
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote