Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #121
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I would like this to be around $600. Is that possible?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:13 PM   #122
SDguy

Why would this need to be $900+?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:25 PM   #123
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't see this being cheap. The Sideshow Collectibles maquette retailed for $850 in like 2006.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #124
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
I don't see this being cheap. The Sideshow Collectibles maquette retailed for $850 in like 2006.
Was that because of the collaboration with Stan Winston?
Old 05-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #125
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Was that because of the collaboration with Stan Winston?

Same as the SWS Predator maquette. It hasn't stopped others asking for the same kind of money for their similar products however. Very off topic but I'd love to know exactly how much something like the Prime 1 jungle hunter actually costs to produce. It'll cost me $3k to my door I know that much. Probably a lot more than I could ever get if I sold my EX SWS Predator maquette, not that I plan to. The SWS Pumpkinhead was one of those rare pieces that nobody expected to become a rare gem, but did. Would people pay for this what they'd pay to get one of those, or even close, probably not...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:04 PM   #126
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Same as the SWS Predator maquette. It hasn't stopped others asking for the same kind of money for their similar products however. Very off topic but I'd love to know exactly how much something like the Prime 1 jungle hunter actually costs to produce. It'll cost me $3k to my door I know that much. Probably a lot more than I could ever get if I sold my EX SWS Predator maquette, not that I plan to. The SWS Pumpkinhead was one of those rare pieces that nobody expected to become a rare gem, but did. Would people pay for this what they'd pay to get one of those, or even close, probably not...
If you look at just how much it costs to produce each statue not much, probably a couple hundred each.

But of course that's nowhere near all add in shipping, tariffs, replacements, any aps you owe the licensor, license fees, sculptors, concept artists, prototype costs, any qc people and overhead costs (employee salaries, rent, etc) it may be difficult to get an exact per unit cost.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #127
SDguy

Quote:
Same as the SWS Predator maquette. It hasn't stopped others asking for the same kind of money for their similar products however.
I'm thinking there may also be a difference between movie prop replica collectors, and statue collectors. Seeing as what appears to already be artistic license with muscle mass, and some facial features, I would think that asking prop replica pricing may be too aggressive for this piece? Who knows....
Old 05-09-2021, 04:16 AM   #128
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
If you look at just how much it costs to produce each statue not much, probably a couple hundred each.

But of course that's nowhere near all add in shipping, tariffs, replacements, any aps you owe the licensor, license fees, sculptors, concept artists, prototype costs, any qc people and overhead costs (employee salaries, rent, etc) it may be difficult to get an exact per unit cost.
Sure, I oversimplified it, but I meant the actual cost on average with everything taken into account once they have all been sold. Businesses have to make a profit, I'm not condoning that, but at a cost of $3k for a 1/4 statue now, I think there's likely a few people along the way making a decent cut of our money.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:19 AM   #129
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Sure, I oversimplified it, but I meant the actual cost on average with everything taken into account once they have all been sold. Businesses have to make a profit, I'm not condoning that, but at a cost of $3k for a 1/4 statue now, I think there's likely a few people along the way making a decent cut of our money.
That's what I was trying to get at with the second one as it went further. It's hard to get a per cost statue exactly because it really depends on how many statues and what margins they are selling them when it comes to the "applies to all" costs, overhead especially becomes really killer and it's why SS needs to make statues with high es these days or they'll probably lose money :P Still it will change year to year based on how many products, how much of it, and what the margins will be on those for each year.

But if you really want an answer you can kinda find one in the court documents that Jerry posted to try and absolve himself. IIRC it was stated that PCS would stand to make $276k in profits (minus the 20k prototype cost maybe?) from the Shao Kahn 1:3. Of course that doesn't include any overhead costs which would not be insignificant but probably the closest answer you'll get.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #130
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I hope they can keep this statue down to only two visible seams. Obviously the heads and the tail of course, but that should be it I'm really hoping. Have the whole body, (arms & legs) one solid piece. With him being a nude creature, you really want to avoid unnecessary seams.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote