Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-21-2015, 01:45 PM   #221
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I visited the Perot Museum here in Dallas after finding out they had the 1/5 scale Jurassic Park T-Rex maquette. I actually bid on this thing years ago but it ended up selling for over $40,000.

Incredible piece! It is big, especially in person. I am 6'3" for scale. It would be a dream come true to finally own this piece but also very hard to display because of it's length.

Here are some photos of this beauty:

Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #222
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

wow you'd need some serious display real estate to do that piece justice!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #223
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I visited the Perot Museum here in Dallas after finding out they had the 1/5 scale Jurassic Park T-Rex maquette. I actually bid on this thing years ago but it ended up selling for over $40,000.

Incredible piece! It is big, especially in person. I am 6'3" for scale. It would be a dream come true to finally own this piece but also very hard to display because of it's length.
Awesome!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #224
Python
Omega Red

I've seen lots of pictures of that, but never realised just how big it really was until now! Awesome..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #225
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

VERY cool, thanks for sharing! So, um, Chronicle, how about maybe 1/6 scale instead of 1/5? Or maybe 1/5 scale JP Rex and then 1/6 JW Rex to go with Owen and Blue?
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #226
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
Speaking of raptors, I prefer the look and movement of the JP3 Raptors. I liked the new movie, better than the last 2. Just too much cgi for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
JP3 Raptors you say? You're speaking my language.

I loved those Raptors. Those might have been Winston Studios finest accomplishment in animatronics. Completely expressive and indistinguishable from the CG used in those shots..

I loved that we finally got to see what a male Raptor from Stan Winston would look like. The choice on the color pattern and spines make sense from a bird sense of things, males are more colorful or ornamented than females in most species to help attract mates. I loved that they incorporate things like this into their designs. Makes these look like actual living creatures.

They don't get enough love around here, nice to hear someone else appriciates them.

Anything that Chronicle might make that involves JP3 Raptors would most likely be an instant purchase for me.
Dream come true would be a 1/1 Male Raptor bust.
I am right there with you guys. The Raptors in JP3 were absolutely stunning. Winston really outdid himself with those creations.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #227
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The females in JP3 are easily my favorite raptor designs. I absolutely love the dark brown/black & cream color patterns they have, as well as the circular "bird" pupil.
Xenoburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:24 PM   #228
thx217
Ultimates

Imagine having all the of them on your display. Plus the original Raptor.

thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #229
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

Oh man, this must be mine.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #230
Patriot666
Birdman

The texture and paint on that Rex is incredible.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote