Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #451
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Super late to the party, but my Suicide Squad Harley arrived just a few days ago... I have to say in terms of execution my copy is near flawless, and is among the very best Sideshow pieces I own in terms of quality... I personally love the portrait, and the cloth jacket is really well done, and doesn't distract from the scale of the piece. She's amazing in hand, and I'm really glad to have her... Here are my hero shots of her - enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Suicide Harley 1 sm.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	117368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suicide Harley 4 sm.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	117369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suicide Harley 5 sm.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	117370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suicide Harley 7 sm.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	117371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suicide Harley 8 sm.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	117372  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Suicide Harley 9 sm.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	117373  
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #452
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Incredible pics desertdragon!!! I have to ask - what type of camera/lens do you use?
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:36 PM   #453
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
Super late to the party, but my Suicide Squad Harley arrived just a few days ago... I have to say in terms of execution my copy is near flawless, and is among the very best Sideshow pieces I own in terms of quality... I personally love the portrait, and the cloth jacket is really well done, and doesn't distract from the scale of the piece. She's amazing in hand, and I'm really glad to have her... Here are my hero shots of her - enjoy!
Holy crap you got a good one! Awesome piece and awesome pics! Congrats!
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #454
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Incredible pics desertdragon!!! I have to ask - what type of camera/lens do you use?
Wow thank you bdlovelace! I made these pics with a Canon 5D Mk IV and a Zeiss 135mm f/2.0 lens... The "secret ingredient" though is four Canon 600RT flashes that I can mount off camera and control remotely and independently... If you're ever interested in getting into photography, I would recommend getting the simplest camera and lens setup to start off with, and spending your money up front on lights and light stands. You'll get amazing results right off the bat, and you can upgrade your camera body and add to your lens collection later as you go along. I hope that wasn't too much information, and thank you again!
Old 09-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #455
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Holy crap you got a good one! Awesome piece and awesome pics! Congrats!
Thank you Khev! Yeah, I was really happy to get such a good piece... I do wish Sideshow put more effort into QC so it didn't feel so much like luck of the draw to have your statue show up looking beautiful with no issues... And especially for this sculpt - Harley is too gorgeous to not be perfectly executed
Old 09-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #456
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Wow thank you bdlovelace! I made these pics with a Canon 5D Mk IV and a Zeiss 135mm f/2.0 lens... The "secret ingredient" though is four Canon 600RT flashes that I can mount off camera and control remotely and independently... If you're ever interested in getting into photography, I would recommend getting the simplest camera and lens setup to start off with, and spending your money up front on lights and light stands. You'll get amazing results right off the bat, and you can upgrade your camera body and add to your lens collection later as you go along. I hope that wasn't too much information, and thank you again!

Do you have any camera recommendations for a novice just getting into photography?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #457
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Do you have any camera recommendations for a novice just getting into photography?
Don't use automatic mode. You can't stop.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #458
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Being a shameless Canon gangsta, I would recommend getting a used 5D Mk II body (you can pick them up for less than $500 on Ebay) and a 50mm lens, either f/1.8 or f/1.4 depending on your budget... The 5D Mk ii is legendary, and is a ridiculous bargain for a full frame sensor DSLR (full frame meaning its sensor is the same size as a 35mm film frame). This will give you a super versatile camera for under $700 capable of producing fantastic images. The advantage of having the 5D Mk ii is that it will let you use off-camera flash systems - you can use either Canon's flash systems, a third party system (there are lots of them), or you can always use continuous lighting systems like LED panels. Once you have the camera and a few lights, just start playing around... You'd be amazed with the results you can get with even a single light you can mount off camera. I hope this helps, and you can always PM me if you have specific questions about anything. Most importantly, don't be afraid to get into it and start experimenting - there is no wrong way to do photography
Old 09-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #459
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Being a shameless Canon gangsta, I would recommend getting a used 5D Mk II body (you can pick them up for less than $500 on Ebay) and a 50mm lens, either f/1.8 or f/1.4 depending on your budget... The 5D Mk ii is legendary, and is a ridiculous bargain for a full frame sensor DSLR (full frame meaning its sensor is the same size as a 35mm film frame). This will give you a super versatile camera for under $700 capable of producing fantastic images. The advantage of having the 5D Mk ii is that it will let you use off-camera flash systems - you can use either Canon's flash systems, a third party system (there are lots of them), or you can always use continuous lighting systems like LED panels. Once you have the camera and a few lights, just start playing around... You'd be amazed with the results you can get with even a single light you can mount off camera. I hope this helps, and you can always PM me if you have specific questions about anything. Most importantly, don't be afraid to get into it and start experimenting - there is no wrong way to do photography

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll start browsing Ebay...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #460
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Thanks desertdragon! This will help me get started in the right direction.

Also, where would you recommend I shop for lights and light stands?

Quote:
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote