Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #71
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Got this piece last week...what an utter POS. I opened it and boxed it right back up. I didn't even feel like posting about it or taking pictures. I'll post pics and video review later on.

As for right now, its going back for a refund. Never again SS.

Chris
What was wrong with it?
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #72
Doctor Doom

Old 10-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #73
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
What was wrong with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
I'll post pics and explain tonight. Been a little busy the last few days.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #74
Doctor Doom

No worries man....I just trust your evaluations.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #75
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I'll post pics and explain tonight. Been a little busy the last few days.

Chris

Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #76
Atheris
The Maxx

Alright, finally have some time to post pics of this thing. I did a video review also, but I accidentlaly deleted it from my phone. Gatta make another one now.

Anyway, as I said earlier, this piece has failed on so many levels I find myself wondering if anyone actually shows up for work at SS?

Let's start with the colour, now that I have this statue in hand and infront of me....I can say with certainty...the colour is off. Way off. Just for good measure I had some second and third opinions given to me by some friends who also agree the ball has once again been dropped. I don't care what anyone says, the statue is burgundy. And from some angles almost looks like a reddish-brown. How SS managed to screw up the easiest job on the "to-do" list blows my mind.

There are paint chips all over the front torso, scuff marks and scratches on his ass. There is even a 4" section near his crotch which is completely flat and dull while the rest of the suit has a high gloss polish. And I think I've figured out why. It appears his right leg has broken off before, glued back together and then repainted to hide the joining sections. It appears they sanded down the surrounding area near the break, painted it, but didn't bother to spray any clear over it.

Every body section of this statue I pulled out of the box had something rattling in it, including the base. That sort of thing in an electronic device usually means defect, in a statue it means cheaply made....and it shows.

The magnets used in the attachment parts are horrible. They hardly hold. Infact, the section that sits on his back fell off during filming my review all by itself. Really wish I didn't delete the video, because as soon as I said the magnets were horrible, it fell off. It was perfect timing.

Another major issue, the light in his right eye doesn't work, at least not very well. It looks like the LED in the head fell out or has shifted. Leaving most of the eye dimly lit.

The base....OMG that disaster of a base. Horrible, just horrible. I've never seen paint application so poorly applied to a flat surface. I CAN NOT believe a human being looked at this work at the factory and said "That's good, pack it up and ship it". What's even harder to believe is that when these arrived at SS's warehouse they opened one, placed it next to their proto and said "Perfect"....."it's just like our proto, ship it!"

I can not even begin to tell you what a colasal rip off this statue is. This in no way is worth $2000, it's not even worth $600 in my opinion. The fact that some of you who have recived this piece convinced yourselves that this is "acceptable" need a slap. It's clear to everyone who's seen mine in person that it should be sent back and a refund requested. Who in their sane mind would pay EXTRA to have this repainted AT THIS PRICE POINT and do SS's job for them? Who?

Folks need to wake up, anyone that ordered this piece should be outraged at this half baked attempt. This is outright robbery of your money. 2k and you get a sticker for an arc reactor. Meanwhile hottoys can pull it off in a 1:6 plastic toy for $300......WITH correct paint colour....bonus!

I would like to know the thoughts of Legacy on this piece being that their name (synonymous with quality and craftsmanship) is attached to many statues released by SS lacking both of those things. I mean...has anyone at Legacy actually opened one of these things up to see first hand what SS is actually delivering to customers? If I were Legacy, I'd seriously be rethinking that contract when it comes up for renewal.

There is no excuse for this sort of workmanship other than pure arrogance and greed. I will be sending this back for a refund and will no longer support SS and the future path they have made plainly clear they're taking. My time and money are better spent with other companies in this industry who still remember what the term "collectible" means and still value their customers dollar.

Chris
Old 10-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #77
Atheris
The Maxx

Just for reference...this is proof at least one person working at SS isn't colour blind.

Chris
Old 10-31-2014, 12:37 AM   #78
SONICobra
Batman

that's too bad man but I agree with you on all points. I cant get over that arc reactor, wow - 1:2 scale piece for $2000 and a sticker...
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #79
jaxon
The Herculoids

Sideshowtoy now not Sideshowcollectables.
jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #80
Vader
Ghost

the burgandy colour is really bad. I returned mine too.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote