Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #391
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I don't believe Stanley drew the WW related to the PF, but a New52 version.
I think that was his point. Artgerm did a pretty awesome classic Wonder Woman a few years back that would work well as a companion piece with the pf.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #392
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I don't believe Stanley drew the WW related to the PF, but a New52 version.
Kris Anka did the art for the Wonder Woman PF. He's one of my favorite artists right now.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #393
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
congrats!
Cheers guy. I had both of them on waitlist and was really on the fence about which to take delivery of. I figured the shipping would be much cheaper on the unframed. I must admit I really like the double matt on the framed version but I seriously want non-reflective glass (or acrylic) in the frame. That, plus the fact my my wife has the tools to make custom matts, kind of made the decision for me.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #394
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

i wait listed kier and I'm really really hoping it converts as i am going to have her next to the queen and it would be really cool to have both of those prints with their statues below!! Its a long shot to get conversion since there isn't many prints but it was worth a shot!!

Look at how damn cool this thing looks with the statue….

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #395
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I have the un framed on order. Can not decide what to do, I'm sure I could ask them to upgrade it to the framed......the frame looks very nice. Or put it. In a print portfolio or case.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #396
TheStig88
The X-Men

I'd try for an upgrade if you can swing it. I think it's gorgeous frame job for $120 and it fits the piece perfectly, but that's just me.
TheStig88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #397
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
I have the up framed on order. Can not decide what to do, I'm sure I could ask them to upgrade it to the framed......the frame looks very nice. Or put it. In a print portfolio or case.
I ordered the unframed one too, when I ordered it, the framed version was still available. I had second thought, but I didn't know if I could order again if I cancelled. So I was going to talk to the customer rep when they open at 8:30. Well the framed version sold out a few minutes later.

I guess in a way it's good because the only thing I won't get is the fancy cut on the mat. But with how fast these prints were going, there is no telling I can get framed one next time even if I get it this time. So they would be mismatch anyways. At least with unframed, it would be "easier" to get next time. I can be sure they would match.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #398
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The choice of framing here is the one that works, with similar theme and rustic look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
i wait listed kier and I'm really really hoping it converts as i am going to have her next to the queen and it would be really cool to have both of those prints with their statues below!! Its a long shot to get conversion since there isn't many prints but it was worth a shot!!

Look at how damn cool this thing looks with the statue….

Sarah Joe
gaijin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #399
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
The choice of framing here is the one that works, with similar theme and rustic look.
Well if you have ever been to a frame shop that isnt hobby lobby or Micheal's. There is an near unlimited choice or frames, filets and matting that you could combine to enhance the print.

There is really not much point to the matting in that besides the corners because if you look at it its either drymounted, which they said it wasnt, or its floated. The top mat is not supporting the print in any way. Personally I dont care for gold so the frame is out the window for me as well as the backing.

Id just like the print to convert and I have confidence i could choose a matting and frame up that would surpass the included frame. I wont say its a good deal for the frame since the glazing isnt even UV protective. Also Id like to see the quality of the mats and backing as well as the molding before I would pass any judgement.

I believe they did say everything is archival but ive also heard that before with inclusive matting and framing and more than once the matting was not completely acid free. I think Luminous could chime in about his current debacle with matting claiming to be something it was not.

From what i see the frame up looks subpar. Thats just IMO.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:53 AM   #400
Mitch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
Will these be shipped folded like the Court of the Dead posters? I really hope they are shipped safely and not folded.

lol.

These are not posters. No legit company in their rite mind would send art prints that way, not even Sh*tshow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
They will be rolled and shipped in heavy duty poster/art tubes.
I hope they utilize a double box plan. Shipping tube only is risky. I just had a pair of prints get creamed by the USPS. The worst part was that one of the prints was not only numbered but the last of the run.

The tubes used should be 3", not 2" otherwise the posters get to drastic of a permanent curl to them. The tube should then be placed in a custom sized long square box.

Much safer all around & if it costs a bit more it is WELL worth it.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote