Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Which Justice League member do you want to see next?
Flash 105 40.23%
Aquaman 34 13.03%
Martian Hunter 10 3.83%
Green Lantern (true 1/4 scale) 30 11.49%
Shazam 13 4.98%
Green Arrow 11 4.21%
Red Tornado 2 0.77%
Hawkman 7 2.68%
Black Canary 17 6.51%
Firestorm 5 1.92%
Zatanna 24 9.20%
Cyborg 3 1.15%
Dr. Fate 0 0%
Blue Beetle 0 0%
Plasticman 0 0%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2014, 01:13 AM   #191
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
even though this will no doubt sound pretentious and/or arrogant, here goes.

I think the Pereira mock up is pretty damn good.
The ideal, to me, is the DC Direct Showcase version- which is also him skidding to a stop and which most of you guys also no doubt don't hold a high opinion of.

The problem with this character is this-
when you take a snapshot of this character in action you are rendering the essence of the character null and void. You are making him into a static figure.
He is The Flash. He is supposed to represent a blur of speed. The only time he is going to be in a static, clearly defined visual is when he is just about to take off, or coming to a halt. In terms of a dynamic action pose, those are the only two that 'get' him- unless you want to try to do something like the Bowen classic action Thor swinging hammer where there is a continuum of swift motion represented by a series of increasing and decreasing solidity.

Showing him frozen in a running position won't imply speed. Skidding to a halt does.

i realize that seems counter intuitive, but that's my rationale for thinking these kinds of poses are stronger.
Of course he can always just be standing there too with some animated lightning flashes circling him which will likely be the safest, though least inspired, way to go.
and if you read my post you would have known thats the poses i was refereeing to.
even if i would be happy with him in a running pose. i actually like my first recommendation of him getting ready to take off.
the images i posted were to represent his "pose". thats it. not to represent his speed. in which i like all three.
the pose that Alex is doing, and thats if it is even the PF and the actual coming to a stop pose. is still a work in progress. but if it is going to be just as wee see it. i would much rather see something different. but it very well could be this.. which actually isn't all that bad..and i would be ok with this ome..

but i would much rather see him in a pose similar to this coming to a stop.. this represents more of what i was talking about.

i get what your saying. and you make valid points.

but thats why i said they will more than likely go with a semi action pose like BM or SM and WW.
but they might go for the action pose. kind of like what they did with the modern Thor PF. a pose to capture him in that moment in time. even if it is a running pose. even though your statements have facts that back it up. but even the coming to the stop pose or the taking off pose represent movement and seems how he is the flash then the blur would be needed on those as well based on your comments.
but again. its a capturing of a moment in time. freeze frame.
aand they do make high speed cameras ya know. .
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #192
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Flash Barry Allen
Yeah and lets make him look asian, like WB fn
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #193
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I want the Ed Benes version too. We only got DC Direct to try one and it was part of the JL group statue. Not on her own. I want to see if Sideshow can make the fishnets right as well because every statue of her has the fishnets with the heavy seam in the back. That won't fly on a 1/4 piece.
Not sure I understand why the fishnets would be difficult to replicate. I openly admit, I know next to nothing about the overall procedures involved with making statues, but I would think something like fishnet stockings would be fairly easy to replicate accurately. Why would there be a need for a big seam on the back? I agree 100% that such a seam definitely wouldn't fly. If they went with the fishnets it would have to look good front and back.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #194
SuperJ300
Zot

Hope to see Flash preview or another DC character!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #195
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Flash fully sculpt. Don't want a PVC body.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote