Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
not sure, says NOES 3.. wasn't Robert England Freddy in that one too? i thought he was Freddy in all of them wasn't he?
all though lost interest after 3 so i wouldn't know.
Robert was in everything but the reboot yes, I guess the picture is a little dark on my screen, can't make it out clearly.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Indridcold99
The Avengers

I can't believe 800 for the last one

Way overpriced, I sold mine for 400

Win some learn some
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #13
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Robert was in everything but the reboot yes, I guess the picture is a little dark on my screen, can't make it out clearly.
yeah thats what i thought,, with the exception of the remake. which they totally dropped the ball on that one.
they def should have thought that one out a bit more. and lets say,,,, actually give or show a reason why he hunts them down in their dreams. like say making a pact with satan or some sort of black magic. honestly, if they would have done that one thing. it would have been far better.

but nothing tops the first one in my book. best one out of them all by far.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #14
Vince
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indridcold99 View Post
I can't believe 800 for the last one

Way overpriced, I sold mine for 400

Win some learn some
800 for what.
A Freddy PF that sold for that much ?
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #15
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Yes
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
yeah thats what i thought,, with the exception of the remake. which they totally dropped the ball on that one.
they def should have thought that one out a bit more. and lets say,,,, actually give or show a reason why he hunts them down in their dreams. like say making a pact with satan or some sort of black magic. honestly, if they would have done that one thing. it would have been far better.

so many iconic scenes in that one.

I guess my favorite is when he's walking in silhouette and his arms are all long looking. I also like the party scene with the swimming pool crowd, pretty sure that is in the first one. He comes up through the concrete, if I remember correctly, it's been a while since I've seen it but I want to say it's in the first one.

This is from that scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adlvmRHwMNU

Maybe it's from the second one.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #17
Dukefrukem
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

So this was a surprise considering we just got a Freddy Premium Format. Problem is we probably won't see this come to fruition until October 2016.
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:

Correction: Michael Bay dropped the ball. He had his magical touch on it. Even he stated in a interview that he was never a fan of the series. So why even be involved, like so many of our other childhood favorites of ours?
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #19
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
so many iconic scenes in that one.

I guess my favorite is when he's walking in silhouette and his arms are all long looking. I also like the party scene with the swimming pool crowd, pretty sure that is in the first one. He comes up through the concrete, if I remember correctly, it's been a while since I've seen it but I want to say it's in the first one.

This is from that scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adlvmRHwMNU

Maybe it's from the second one.
yeah i loved that scene too and he was scratching the wall with his knives.. and then the next scene (which i loved) he cuts off his fingers and laughs.. that was provably one of the best twisted scenes in horror from that era.. the whloe movie was great.

and yes that scene is from the second one. which wasn't all that bad. it seemed that by the the 3rd one came along is where it started to get old for me and they just couldn't capture the raw creepy scariness of the first one.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #20
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Correction: Michael Bay dropped the ball. He had his magical touch on it. Even he stated in a interview that he was never a fan of the series. So why even be involved, like so many of our other childhood favorites of ours?
well said, yeah, never understood that. the film could have been so much better. and it was only due to a few minor things that could have been implemented in the film but wasn't. like the one i was talking about in my previous post.

the one thing i did like about that film is that they touched base on his background and his relationship with the children. that explained his connection and why he wanted to come back and take them from their parent by killing them. which i thought was brilliant. but he def should have touched on him practicing black magic or something to give relevance of him being able to come back in there dreams and be able to kill them,. , thats where the brilliance ended..