Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #1091
bigb888
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Honey Trap is based on T&A and pop culture.

COTD is based on creativity and fantasy.

I'm invested in both lines so not saying either is better than the other - both are great imo!
bigb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #1092
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Outside of being original/in-house properties I fail to see any similarities between Sideshow's COTD line and GG's HT line. You simply have two different companies handling their properties in two different ways likely based on manpower and priorities attached to commitments in licensing agreements.

SSC has made a clear decision to pour a ton of their resources into the COTD line while GG's HT line obviously takes a back seat to their other mainstay licenses like Marvel, Star Wars, TWD, etc. I'm not saying either approach is better than the other, just that they're totally different scenarios.

The reason I mention company size is GG's lack of effort put into promoting the HT line is probably a direct reflection of how thin they may be spread. SSC on the other hand is obviously big enough that they can balance both, even though an argument could be made they are currently favoring the COTD line over any single licensed product at the moment. At least at this year's SDCC.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #1093
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Outside of being original/in-house properties I fail to see any similarities between Sideshow's COTD line and GG's HT line. You simply have two different companies handling their properties in two different ways likely based on manpower and priorities attached to commitments in licensing agreements.

SSC has made a clear decision to pour a ton of their resources into the COTD line while GG's HT line obviously takes a back seat to their other mainstay licenses like Marvel, Star Wars, TWD, etc. I'm not saying either approach is better than the other, just that they're totally different scenarios.

The reason I mention company size is GG's lack of effort put into promoting the HT line is probably a direct reflection of how thin they may be spread. SSC on the other hand is obviously big enough that they can balance both, even though an argument could be made they are currently favoring the COTD line over any single licensed product at the moment. At least at this year's SDCC.
I hear what you're saying, and it makes a lot of sense. From a consumer perspective, however, I couldn't give a damn. GG wafted a product under my nose many months ago, and made statements on how they were going to move forward.....and promptly dropped it! I don't care how stretched they are, I don't care (especially) that, for them, some new shiney licence has sprung up......in the end they haven't delivered.

I think what's made things worse, GG haven't as yet, owned up to what's going on. There have been no explanations as to the change in strategy. So all I as a customer can conclude is that they're full of hot air! They've tried to capitalise on the success of their Sucker Punch line and that's it.

So, because GG have neglected to engage their audience beyond offering a sexy woman with scuba gear, rollerskates, and a big gun, all Sideshow, Yamato, or Gaming Heads need to do to 'beat' GG, is produce a statue in their respective ranges that comes reasonably close to the artist proofs they've advertised.....that's it! Yamato has shown it can do this already, and by the looks of things Gaming Heads is on point as well....if those companies can pull it out of the bag, they'll also have good looking statues.....BUT, they'll be much more than that, they'll be characters......AND!!! They'll be SOOOO much cheaper.

If I can get a great looking character sculpt for half the price of some random female in Scuba gear.....guess where I'll be shopping. I'm guessing I'm not alone
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #1094
Graven Gorasd
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
the way Sideshow has the COTD website set up is exactly how GG should have done for the honey trap girls.
That thought crossed my mind too.
Graven Gorasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #1095
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What I posted in the Court of the Dead thread when they put up the site a few days ago:

"Seeing all these new female characters in the Court made my mind go to my feelings on the Honey Trap line for a second. However after visiting Sideshow's Court of the Dead website that feeling quickly changed. The Court of the Dead line is being handled far better since Sideshow has a story, full site with character profiles, artwork, etc. This is how you handle a new property. I have no clue why Gentle Giant isn't doing the same for Honey Trap at this point. That HoneyTrapArmy site isn't even up anymore...Unless they are finally updating it."

That's how I feel. From the beginning I wanted to know more about these characters. I still do. Many of my posts have pointed out the problem with how Gentle Giant is handling this line. So I don't need to repeat them.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #1096
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I honestly believe that if no one bought ANY of the Honeytrap statues, GG wouldn't give a monkey's. I didn't realise they'd killed the website. I guess they want this line to disappear ASAP.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #1097
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

This company light are dimming fast. Ty for my SP Samurai, but unless your into mini bust. There line is on it last leg.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #1098
grphyx1
Kingpin

you're right...for you... but you missed the point and it's irrelevant to try help with understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #1099
Graven Gorasd
Justice League

I wonder if any finished production pieces will be at the show.
Graven Gorasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #1100
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS LINE!?!?!?!? COME ON GG...THROW US SOMETHING HERE PLEASE!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote