Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-22-2018, 11:31 PM   #201
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I was pushing the necklace of bones on his shoulder pad in a bit and the whole statue moved forward a little. This kind of worries me. He is very front-heavy with his hammer and natural lean, so I hope this doesn't become an issue over time. I can push him forward out of the base pretty far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Yeah mine seems to have stuff like that too.

I heard that First durotan was a nightmare due to the magnets not holding. I’ve read that this is part of why there is a version 2. That may or may not be the case.
Yeah the first version had an issue where the arm magnet was too weak, causing the arm to fall out over time. That being said, I only actually heard of a handful of people having this issue (though I haven't spoken to many people who ordered the statue), and a few who had no trouble with it.

Regardless, I much prefer the pose and head sculpt on the first version. That's why I want it. If I truly can't find one, I'll go ahead and order the roaring version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
Yes, mine has those as well, Xeno. It is a bit strange as I don't think they are even visible at all once the statue is completely set up. I also don't know if they are accurate to the movie or not, but I am going to leave them alone. Perhaps they can be used as replacement parts for the ones on his shoulders, etc. should you ever lose one?
Perhaps. I did get extra necklace rope as well, in a separate package.

One of the horns/tusks/claws/whatever actually fell out as I was lifting the loin cloth to attach the knee pads. That's why I wondered about their purpose in the first place. I can easily fit it back in the loincloth.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #202
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I was pushing the necklace of bones on his shoulder pad in a bit and the whole statue moved forward a little. This kind of worries me. He is very front-heavy with his hammer and natural lean, so I hope this doesn't become an issue over time. I can push him forward out of the base pretty far.
Mine is the same way. It seems the back of his right foot doesn't seat all the way down so the magnet is probably not making good contact. That being said, it isn't visibly noticeable from the front, and I don't think the statue is in any danger of falling forward without a pretty good jolt, but I may try picking up a thin rare earth magnet and slide it in between his foot and where the foot sits in the base to see if that helps make better contact.

Regarding the Phicen Durotan statues, I also like the first pose better as it just fits in better with the rest of the line as they are all fairly static poses. The new Phicen Durotan pose is very dynamic in comparison, but I may pick that one up as well since I also missed out on the first one. I also have a feeling the new one will be better engineered after the issues some had with the first.

The only other one in the line I currently have on preorder is Magni Bronzebeard, but I will be picking up a few others after seeing Orgrim in hand. Really happy with how he turned out. But OMG, storing all the boxes is really becoming a problem lol.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #203
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
The only other one in the line I currently have on preorder is Magni Bronzebeard, but I will be picking up a few others after seeing Orgrim in hand. Really happy with how he turned out. But OMG, storing all the boxes is really becoming a problem lol.
After witnessing the quality of Orgrim, I'm getting all of them, one way or another. Space be damned.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #204
zadmax

Quote:
After witnessing the quality of Orgrim, I'm getting all of them, one way or another. Space be damned.
Looking at the estimated shipping dates on Sideshow, ALL of the other Warcraft statues in this line shown so far (like 9 or 10 in total?) are due to release this year, which just seems crazy to me. I wonder if they only have the license for a short period of time, which is why they are trying to pump them out so fast. Not really sure how that all works.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #205
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I’d be amazed if they kept that schedule.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #206
zadmax

Did anyone here wind up ordering Gul'dan? It is now waitlisted at Sideshow. They told me he began shipping a week or two ago. Was curious how he turned out. Can't find any production pics anywhere, even after asking on Damtoys FB page.

In any event, they just revealed the next statue in this line: Grom Hellscream 2.0

Having trouble posting pics, but you can see them on their FB page, or here: http://news.toyark.com/2018/04/03/da...-statue-294910

I like this version better than Grom version 1.0
Old 04-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #207
Xenoburger

Damn, Gul'dan is waitlisted? I need to get on that.

That new Grom looks amazing, but the face still looks nothing like him in the film. What the hell? Why can't they get it right? So aggravating.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #208
zadmax

Quote:
Damn, Gul'dan is waitlisted? I need to get on that.

That new Grom looks amazing, but the face still looks nothing like him in the film. What the hell? Why can't they get it right? So aggravating.
Yeah, I missed out on Gul'dan as well. I was surprised that he never went to "Low Stock" or whatever before going to wait list as Orgrim did. And I was surprised to not see any production pics posted by Damtoys before this happened either.

As to Grom, I only recall seeing one screen shot of him posted where he has sort of an emotionless/blank look on his face. Both of the Damtoys statues have an angry snarl of sorts that is really different from that pic, which could explain why he seems to look different. I only recall seeing him in very brief shots in the movie, so I'm not as bothered with it if they didn't get his face completely accurate. He still looks pretty great (both statues) I think.

Just baffles me why they are releasing so many of these amazing statues in such a short period of time. Must be a lot of big spenders interested in the Warcraft movie lol. If I could have spread out the purchase of them over the next couple years, I probably could have managed it. Just not all at once which makes it difficult to decide which ones to order before it is too late (as with Gul'dan). First world problems, heh.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:29 AM   #209
patrickm3849
Justice League

Looks like I was the one who set Gul'dan on the Waitlist since I ordered around two weeks ago. Estimated Release is still Apr-May so I hope that will ne the case :P
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:32 AM   #210
Evil
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I preordered Guldan day one and didnt get even a final payment email yet. Last i heard (2 months ago) it was delayed.
Evil is offline   Reply With Quote