Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #351
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I wonder if this project was a little to ambitious of one to have so many interchangeable parts. Hopefully the issues that people are talking about here is not how the entire run is.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #352
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Yeah I do not think these were put together in the factory. I've never had this much issue putting together a statue with so few connection points. I'm emailing about the base that goes with the "swimsuit" bottom. No amount of heat is going to help that. And even if I did get it over properly I have to believe it would crack over time and good luck ever getting it out once in. Heck trying to get it out may just break it. At this point it may be better to drill another hole or better yet cut the metal peg and leave it free. Very frustrated.
I'm going to mess with it again today. I am not sure if I will go the drill a new hole route or cut off the peg. I am leaning toward drilling a new hole first.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:00 PM   #353
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I’ve had similar issues with mine as well, the fit with the cape top and skirt legs was so tight I didn’t even try to fully put them together as I would never get them apart again. And have the same peg spacing issues others have stated. I don’t see how any of this was tested to fit properly as the peg and peg holes spacing are some of the worst I’ve seen. I will not be forcing the base and legs in place, rather I’ll most likely try to drill new holes as they will not be visible any way. Rather dissatisfied as to how much time we were told went in to making sure these pieces fit together properly when clearly that does not seem to be the case at all.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #354
ACalica917
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Man, I just checked on my statue upon being initially be pleased to finally get in the peg into the base hole by applying heat, I guess. Unfortunately, it now looks really bow-legged. I don’t doubt that it will start to stress and most likely crack. I should’ve known better than to force it but I put my trust that it would “normalize” to its “original” shape when it was reportedly fitted. I really don’t want to doubt Chad and/or the factories but I can’t help but think these were actually fitted.
ACalica917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 01:36 PM   #355
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I wonder if this project was a little to ambitious of one to have so many interchangeable parts. Hopefully the issues that people are talking about here is not how the entire run is.
Mine is fine.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:16 PM   #356
mmk123

Well hopefully it wasn’t a large number of statues that the fits didn’t work right because that would really stink
Old 12-27-2020, 05:40 PM   #357
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I do not blame Chad for this at all. He was told by the factory they were all fitted prior to shipping. In the case of the skirted version that was done. But the bikini bottoms version was not even close. I measure 3/4 of an inch off. Nearly half an inch on either leg. I would be amazed if that was caused by settling while shipping and the other legs were not effected at all.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #358
mmk123

jeremydc

I definitely agree with you I’m sure this is a factory issue however unfortunately since Chad is the person selling the statues the blame is going to fall on him unfortunately

I hope this isn’t going to be the case where he’s going to have to eat the cost of this or worse yet that some of these might need to be redone a new one sent to customers like what happened with the Superman statue

Even though the this is a crappy issue I do you feel that Chad will make it right for any dissatisfied customer
Old 12-27-2020, 06:07 PM   #359
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Mine is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I do not blame Chad for this at all. He was told by the factory they were all fitted prior to shipping. In the case of the skirted version that was done. But the bikini bottoms version was not even close. I measure 3/4 of an inch off. Nearly half an inch on either leg. I would be amazed if that was caused by settling while shipping and the other legs were not effected at all.
I don't understand how two statues from the same mold can have a 3/4" difference in foot position. That's insane on a 1/6 scale statue.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #360
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
jeremydc

I definitely agree with you I’m sure this is a factory issue however unfortunately since Chad is the person selling the statues the blame is going to fall on him unfortunately

I hope this isn’t going to be the case where he’s going to have to eat the cost of this or worse yet that some of these might need to be redone a new one sent to customers like what happened with the Superman statue

Even though the this is a crappy issue I do you feel that Chad will make it right for any dissatisfied customer
I sent pictures of the issue the day I received them, and have yet to hear back. I've seen quite a few that have the same bow in the ankle like I have since I had to heat it and force it.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote