Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 AM   #551
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELStuart View Post
New omnibus editions announced for next year:

Captain America Return of the Winter Soldier (752 pages, May release) The long awaited final Brubaker Captain America omnibus collecting the final issues of his work. It's going to look so good having 5 omnibus editions on my shelf with all of this run. Bonus, I haven't read most of the material that will be in this one.

Avengers/X-Men Onslaught (1297 pages, July release) I guess I'll finally read this story.

Annihilation Conquest Omnibus (872 pages, June release) I'm in and have been interested in reading this. The hard covers got really expensive so this will be perfect.

Fantastic Four volume 3 by Stan Lee and Kirby (Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #61-93 and ANNUAL #5-7, and material from NOT BRAND ECHH #5-7).

We see new Marvel Masterworks Thor vol 14 and Fantastic Four volume 17.

Looks like OHC editions of X-Men the Hunt for Professor X. This was a 1998, six-issue crossover between Uncanny X-Men and X-Men written by Steven Seagle and Joe Kelly. Rumor has it this will be more than just the six issues.

There is also a Prelude to Secret War with no info on content yet.

Marvel is doing a Hawkeye OHC volume 2 after all: http://www.amazon.com/Hawkeye-2-Marv...5654738&sr=1-5
Your link doesn't work, FYI.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 AM   #552
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Your link doesn't work, FYI.
Here you go.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #553
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Got it! Thanks.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #554
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Anyone picking up the Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus? I'm passing only because I have too much of the content already in other books. But, curious about anyone else.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #555
risingstar
Jedi Order

I just finished reading Dark Avengers omnibus. For the life of me, I couldn't see what the hubbub was all about. Things took forever to get anywhere. Sentry and the new Venom must be among the most irritating Marvel characters ever written. Sure, some of the banter between these dark Avengers was fun but we hardly got to know the majority of the cast members in any meaningful way. The three characters I would have liked to have known better (Karla, Noh, and Wolvie's son) were barely given any screen time. A number of the segments with Doom barely made sense. Overall, it was just okay for me. This one goes on the shelf. No second reading.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #556
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I just finished reading Dark Avengers omnibus. For the life of me, I couldn't see what the hubbub was all about. Things took forever to get anywhere. Sentry and the new Venom must be among the most irritating Marvel characters ever written. Sure, some of the banter between these dark Avengers was fun but we hardly got to know the majority of the cast members in any meaningful way. The three characters I would have liked to have known better (Karla, Noh, and Wolvie's son) were barely given any screen time. A number of the segments with Doom barely made sense. Overall, it was just okay for me. This one goes on the shelf. No second reading.
Sadly, that's the end for most comic book stories nowadays. One read through is enough.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #557
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Anyone picking up the Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus? I'm passing only because I have too much of the content already in other books. But, curious about anyone else.
I hope & believe I'm getting the enormous 75 Years of Marvel Book by Taschen, if that's what you mean. Will display next to their DC one. Can't wait for Santa.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #558
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I hope & believe I'm getting the enormous 75 Years of Marvel Book by Taschen, if that's what you mean. Will display next to their DC one. Can't wait for Santa.

I'm getting this one, too. But, no, I'm referring to the omnibus that's already been released:

Last edited by wktf; 11-21-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #559
RELStuart
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Marvel also announced a second Marvel Star Wars omnibus for next year. Pretty quick release of volume two.
RELStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #560
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

can someone please tell me why the hawkeye Omnibus is the same price as the Fantastic Four Vol. 3 Omnibus when it has nearly half the page count?!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote