Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #11
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It hasn't even been a year yet.

His Divorce could take years to go through and if it involves the company, which many of us suspect....it's gonna be a while.
Right. Until the divorce is final, he literally can't start another company, because then that becomes joint marital property. (That's an oversimplification, but it's basically correct, without a lot of legal gymnastics.)
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #12
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post

Right. Until the divorce is final, he literally can't start another company, because then that becomes joint marital property.

You are 100% correct.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #13
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I wonder if he would work for another company, sculptor for DC Entertainment or PCS type of thing, until his personal issues are reconciled in court. I would assume he does not need the money but who knows.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #14
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I wonder if he would work for another company, sculptor for DC Entertainment or PCS type of thing, until his personal issues are reconciled in court. I would assume he does not need the money but who knows.
I think contracting presents the same issue as creating new statues for Bowen. Whatever money he earns gets factored into the divorce. If he can afford to sell off Bowen inventory and not add more variables to the divorce, then why not keep it simple.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #15
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I think contracting presents the same issue as creating new statues for Bowen. Whatever money he earns gets factored into the divorce. If he can afford to sell off Bowen inventory and not add more variables to the divorce, then why not keep it simple.
Totally; but marital/business/intellectual property and income are far more complicated to deal with, negotiate and divide than simple "employment income". Either way it is not my place to speculate as to the personal and financial affairs of anyone; I just hope that all parties come out of this as best as can be achieved.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #16
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Totally; but marital/business/intellectual property and income are far more complicated to deal with, negotiate and divide than simple "employment income". Either way it is not my place to speculate as to the personal and financial affairs of anyone; I just hope that all parties come out of this as best as can be achieved.
As do I, Matches. And from a selfish collector POV, I hope Randy returns with a fire to create from this long hiatus. It's painfully evident - as it was predictable - that none of the major companies will tap into the niche Bowen has served so spectacularly.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #17
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It hasn't even been a year yet.
I'm sorry u are mistaken. The last official Bowen Statues for sale on Bowen Designs.com was Hela & Mojo, final orders closing in December 2013.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #18
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You are 100% correct.
Thanks RS! (Good to see you again, btw!)
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #19
TMAN2020
Doh!

I think the BD Marvel thing is complete. And that's OK. He did all the major characters, many multiple times over. Time to move on.
TMAN2020 is offline   Reply With Quote