Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

View Poll Results: What did you/ didn't you order?
Robocop 13 22.03%
ED-209 3 5.08%
Robocop and ED-209 21 35.59%
Neither 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #11
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Robocop with chair
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

NRD charged on both today.

Not sure how I'm gonna resist when they release this version!

Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #13
Gans
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Pricing on these figures is becoming more and more of a joke
Hot toys seems to be making less amounts/ limited runs but bumping up the prices
I like the figures but the prices there starting to ask is becoming a bit of a joke
Reminds me of the old dragon 1/6 military figures, Dragon keep making the prices higher and higher till many people stopped buying them now they hardly make many and there about 1/4 of the price
Hot toys needs to be realistic on pricing, I have passed on many figures I like, I can afford them I am just not buying them because I think there prices are crazy.

Might not be the place but just my thoughts
Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
leplant
Deadman

Ordered the Robo with chair, and two ED-209's. I am looking to create a kind of diorama of Omni Corp products by building a base that looks like a retail sales floor. Hopefully I will be adding a Cain figure to the line up. Still very interested in the 1/4 scale stuff for individual display, but it will be to big for the kind of layout I am trying to build.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #15
StatueEcon101
A day without sunshine is like... night.

anyone know about the articulation for ed209? Like foot and ankle can it be articulated? Also the shoulder joint, does it just spin or can you raise it up and down?
StatueEcon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #16
leplant
Deadman

Lots of pictures and talk over on the freaks board about the rubber dome, and components going bad on the 209. I haven't checked mine yet, but I am worried.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #17
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Lots of pictures and talk over on the freaks board about the rubber dome, and components going bad on the 209. I haven't checked mine yet, but I am worried.
Mine is fine, no problems with the dome, the old ED had terrible problems I know, sure your not reading an old thread? Though I pretty much pose it and leave it alone so I have no idea how robust it is to constant monkeying with.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:52 AM   #18
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Mine is fine, no problems with the dome, the old ED had terrible problems I know, sure your not reading an old thread?
Definitely not an old thread. The new ED-209 is a disaster of epic proportions. All the rubber parts (Dome, leg sleeves) are decaying and cracking in record time. Major, major foul up from Hot Toys on this one, and something of a PR disaster for them.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:50 AM   #19
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Mine is fine, no problems with the dome, the old ED had terrible problems I know, sure your not reading an old thread? Though I pretty much pose it and leave it alone so I have no idea how robust it is to constant monkeying with.
I wish is was. I ordered two of the new Ed's, and based on some of the stories I am hearing, I am very concerned. I ordered from Sideshow, so I feel reasonably certain I can gt my money back if there is a problem, but I don't want my money back, I want my ED-209's to not fall apart!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #20
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
I ordered two of the new Ed's, and based on some of the stories I am hearing, I am very concerned.
I think you're right to be. They're rotting at different rates, but it seems like the materials used are at fault, which means every single one is potentially subject to the same issue sooner or later. Collectors are up in arms at Hot Toys right now.

More pics & info here:

https://www.facebook.com/Hottoysed209
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote