Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 03-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

"GoGo Soho" Gosh Comics 30th Anniversary Print by Mike Allred

just bought this, saw it posted by Mike late last night. Only 100 pieces

Quote:
Allred’s print, GoGo Soho, is a celebration of that little pocket of London we now call home, especially its rich musical history. Allred’s love of British Rock music of the 60s and 70s is well known, not least through Red Rocket 7, his love letter to the genre in comic form. Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Brian Jones, Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithful (in her The Girl on a Motorcycle leathers) and others all feature in the image, while a massive Ziggy Stardust era David Bowie – arguably the most influential talent of the whole period – towers above them. In 1964 a sixteen year old David Bowie got his big break as the lead singer of Dave Jones and The King Bees when he played Soho’s The Jack of Clubs (later Madame JoJo’s). Just a few years later Bowie would record his Hunky Dory and The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars albums at Trident Studios in St Anne’s Court, cementing his important association with the area. Allred’s print is a swinging-sixties celebration of Carnaby Street, mods, mopeds and mini skirts, even topped off with a huge red London phone box. An exciting vision of Swinging Soho, when it must have seemed like the most exciting place to be for a very tiny Mike Allred across the pond. We love it!

GoGo Soho is an A3 Giclee print on 308gsm Hahnemuehle Photo Rag (acid free, 100% cotton), and is strictly limited to 100 numbered copies. Each print will be marked on the back with a special Gosh! 30th Anniversary stamp.
£40 - with £5 shipping for me. Think it is worth it

joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote