Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 10-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Witchblade 25% off sale

Top Cow is having a 25% off sale for the 20th anniversary of Witchblade. It works for everything Witchblade including the recent Witchblade Anniversary prints. The Regular price on those prints is $20.00 so the sale price is $15.00.

Witchblade Anniversary/Comikaze Exclusive Print #1

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #2

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive X-Mas #3

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #4

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #5

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #6

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #7

Witchblade Anniversary/Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Exclusive Print #8

Witchblade Anniversary SDCC Exclusive #10

For some reason, they released anniversary print #10 at this years SDCC, before they released print #9. Anyways, this is a good chance to pick up some of he Anniversary Witchblade prints. Definitely picking up a couple myself. It basically buy 3 get 1 free.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:24 PM   #2
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

So sad they killed the series. :'(
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:20 AM   #3
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
So sad they killed the series. :'(
I can promise you that this is not the end of Witchblade. It is too popular of a series for Top Cow to just kill it off. This was simple the end of Sara Pezzini as the wearer of the Witchblade. There will be a Vol.2, that much I can guarantee.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:31 AM   #4
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I can promise you that this is not the end of Witchblade. It is too popular of a series for Top Cow to just kill it off. This was simple the end of Sara Pezzini as the wearer of the Witchblade. There will be a Vol.2, that much I can guarantee.
Correction, it was a super popular series, but they drove into the ground over the last couple years by tossing the book to whatever random contest winner won recently and not having a consistent writer/artist on the book making a good story. (Same thing happened to Darkness) I was so pumped to see how things went after the world was recreated and how it would unravel but none of those threads amounted to anything, and the one book that was supposed to lead there was Artifacts and they tossed that book to a new writer just about every other issue .

Was the book that got me back into comics back in college, and has fallen to the bottom of my read pile in the last couple years to the point where i still haven't gotten around to reading these final issues (probably will try and power through them when 185 comes out next month)..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:24 AM   #5
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Top Cow is having a 25% off sale for the 20th anniversary of Witchblade. It works for everything Witchblade including the recent Witchblade Anniversary prints. The Regular price on those prints is $20.00 so the sale price is $15.00.

Witchblade Anniversary/Comikaze Exclusive Print #1

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #2

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive X-Mas #3

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #4

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #5

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #6

Witchblade Anniversary/Top Cow Store Exclusive #7

Witchblade Anniversary/Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Exclusive Print #8

Witchblade Anniversary SDCC Exclusive #10

For some reason, they released anniversary print #10 at this years SDCC, before they released print #9. Anyways, this is a good chance to pick up some of he Anniversary Witchblade prints. Definitely picking up a couple myself. It basically buy 3 get 1 free.
Thanks for posting. I can't find any info on size or paper. Do you have any experience to shed light with?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Thanks for posting. I can't find any info on size or paper. Do you have any experience to shed light with?
Yeah, thier 11x17 and the paper is just a basic glossy paper, a bit thicker than normal. Kinda like card stock but a bit thinner. The thickness is basically in between print paper and card stock.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
adee
Green Arrow

I already have #4, I may pick up #6
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #8
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Correction, it was a super popular series, but they drove into the ground over the last couple years by tossing the book to whatever random contest winner won recently and not having a consistent writer/artist on the book making a good story. (Same thing happened to Darkness) I was so pumped to see how things went after the world was recreated and how it would unravel but none of those threads amounted to anything, and the one book that was supposed to lead there was Artifacts and they tossed that book to a new writer just about every other issue .

Was the book that got me back into comics back in college, and has fallen to the bottom of my read pile in the last couple years to the point where i still haven't gotten around to reading these final issues (probably will try and power through them when 185 comes out next month)..
Honestly, with that first statement that I put in bold, you could be describing any one of 50 popular comics over the last 20 years and yet amazingly, most of those titles had new writers brought it, new volumes produced and are still being produced to this day.

Say what you want about Witchblade and its overall success the last few years. Witchblade is still a HUGELY well known title and it still has a significant amount of monetary potential. If you honestly think this is the last Witchblade comic that will ever be produced.....well, I hate to say it but you don't know nearly as much as you think you do about this business.

Witchblade as an intellectual property is still very valuable and I can guarantee with 100% certainty that Top Cow isn't just going to bury it and move on. There will be new Witchblade comics. The only thing this last issue in Vol.1 put to an end is Sara's story.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-cow-exclusive

"A relaunch is always possible, but just like when we ended 'The Darkness' almost 2 years ago, we need to have a strong reason - new creators, take, whatever - and give it time to breathe"

Again, given how well known the Witchblade IP is and the overall monetary potential that the series still has....well, it guarantee's that Top Cow will make a Vol.2 somewhere down the road. I guarantee the heads at Top Cow already know this with 100% certainty. They just won't make it official until they have a new writer and new direction. Plus as they said, they need to give it time to breath. I would say 2 years at most and we will be seeing Witchblade #1 Vol.2.

If Top Cow were some comic powerhouse, with a HUGE number of wildly successful titles, then I would tend to have doubts that Witchblade would be back, but Top Cow is not a highly successful comic company these days and WItchblade is one of thier most successful titles of all time, if not the most successful series they have ever had.

Witchblade will be back, that much I can guarantee.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #9
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Yeah, thier 11x17 and the paper is just a basic glossy paper, a bit thicker than normal. Kinda like card stock but a bit thinner. The thickness is basically in between print paper and card stock.
Thanks.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote