Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #1311
riky
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
...outside of the Whisper variant you can get the other girls for around $450 ea.,
You have seen the regular release whisper selling for 450? Link?
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:37 PM   #1312
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
You have seen the regular release whisper selling for 450? Link?
I believe Several months back Spec Fiction was selling it around $450 but now that it's getting close to release it's like $519

He always gives good deals to people who pre-order early and then as it gets close to release and he has less of them the price starts going up.

That's why I always pre-order early

Even at $519 that's still cheaper then anyone else right now... BBTS.com wants $600
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #1313
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Waiting so long for this and prices seems to have dropped a bit from what was mention before. I have kind of lost interest from the long wait and with more items coming out to keep me more busy. Also the space will be saved for other po. Still would wished the same sculpter would sculpt a new:

Pyslocke, supergirl, rogue, wolverine, omega red, venom, magneto, doomsday, thanos, darksied, big Barda, and cable for us.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #1314
Harbottle
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Still would wished the same sculpter would sculpt a new:

Pyslocke, supergirl, rogue, wolverine, omega red, venom, magneto, doomsday, thanos, darksied, big Barda, and cable for us.
You never know.
Harbottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #1315
riky
Mephisto

Harbottle!!
Love you!!
Not in a weird way.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #1316
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
You never know.
Damn that's what I call awesome! The main man is really talking to the fans! thank you! Love your skills! People know when the work stands out and looking at your red sonja the reaction is so well recieved. Then a memeber just let me know that you did the sucker punch and honey trap both most detail sculpts I alway loved most without knowing who did them. Wow you keep up the great work. You sculpt it I buy it! Amazing! If you do an superhero's I'm all in!
Old 08-16-2015, 01:09 AM   #1317
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Waiting so long for this and prices seems to have dropped a bit from what was mention before. I have kind of lost interest from the long wait and with more items coming out to keep me more busy. Also the space will be saved for other po. Still would wished the same sculpter would sculpt a new:

In some ways, or in many ways, I think this is a major flaw in this hobby / industry. The turnaround time from when a product is previewed to being ready to ship, is terrible. If we say, on a good project, it takes on average two years from cradle to grave....imagine how much change can happen in two years? Just from the perspective of the collector...... Financial, interest focus, emotional..... there's probably more.

When I first saw the HT figures I would have dropped serious coin on them, at the time, they had almost no competition (IMHO) and the concept was on point. Fast forward a couple of years, I'm now a father, the competition has caught up with interesting products that make HT obsolete, and (most) people are bored at not only the sloth like pace at which GG have brought these to market, but also the total lack of communication from GG on the project.

I think, if any new aspiring Collectibles company wants to get ahead in the industry, they need to do three things:

1) Preview exciting projects that people want to buy, don't just churn out Marvel and DC characters!

2) Make sure what you preview is what the customer will get, even if that means you preview piece isn't as über WOW as the competition! This'll be hard at first, but trust is worth the effort.

3) Deliver your projects within Six months of preview! First to market, first to the bank!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #1318
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

at this point, maybe no ones cares, but just finished speaking with a rep at GG and whisper will not be ready for another two months!
the reason being they are not happy with the final production piece, so until it is up to standards we are waiting.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #1319
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
at this point, maybe no ones cares, but just finished speaking with a rep at GG and whisper will not be ready for another two months!
the reason being they are not happy with the final production piece, so until it is up to standards we are waiting.
I like when the company cares. The wait is better than a subpar product.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #1320
ukshaun
Hercules

Still waiting for news on Derby. GG have my details. Am I to assume, only 1 Derby exists at the present time.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote