Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-28-2015, 02:16 AM   #71
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Even though I've never read a comic of this particular Batgirl, I still think it's the best statue of the character out there. It's simply a great character design that to me is Batgirl. I never got that from Sideshow's PF.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #72
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Even though I've never read a comic of this particular Batgirl, I still think it's the best statue of the character out there. It's simply a great character design that to me is Batgirl. I never got that from Sideshow's PF.
Gotta disagree on that one. I agree that this piece is brilliant, but Stanley Lau's version of Batgirl is easily one of my all time favorite renditions for the character. In my opinion, his covers are some of the best covers of all time for that character/series and the PF statue turned out amazingly well. Its easily one of my favorite Sideshow statues the last few years running.

Just to give a few examples of amazing Lau covers for Batgirl:

Honestly, if this statue turns out as well as the pictures suggest, then this statue and the premium format Batgirl will easily be two of my favorite statues of the year. In fact, out of all the female characters out there, Batgirl wins hands down for 2015, at least for me. I certainly can't think of another female character that had 2 statues released in 2015 that equaled the quality of this statue (if it turns out as well as it looks in the pictures) and the PF release from Sideshow.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #73
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Catwoman had a better year with Sideshow's modern PF and Tweeterhead's Newmar both reaching collectors. Plus pre-orders for Sideshow's classic PF and Tweeterhead's Pfeiffer.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #74
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Catwoman had a better year with Sideshow's modern PF and Tweeterhead's Newmar both reaching collectors. Plus pre-orders for Sideshow's classic PF and Tweeterhead's Pfeiffer.
Gotta disagree once again. While I do like Sideshow's PF Catwoman, in my opinion it didn't come close to matching the quality of the Batgirl PF and Tweeterheads Pfieffer Catwoman statue isnt due until the first quarter of 2016 and same for Sideshow's classic Catwoman so those don't count as 2015 releases. I was specifically talking about statues released during the 2015 calendar year. I will agree that the Julie Newmar statue was a very nice statue so I won't deny that Catwoman had a quality year in 2015 as well, just not as good as Batgirl in my opinion.

Basically, I would say its a tie between the Julie Newman Catwoman and Babs Tarr's colored Batgirl statue, but again in regards to Sideshows premium format statues, Batgirl wins hands down in my book. It was just at a completely different level quality wise than Catwoman.

And even tho I wasn't counting 2016 pre-orders, I actually like Tweeterheads Batgirl more than the Pfieffer Catwoman, and both are due in the first quarter of 2016.

Not to mention, I am actually a big fan of Diamond Selects Batman The Animated Series Femme Fatales and while I really like both Batgirl and Catwoman from that series, I like Batgirl a bit more and its being released in November of 2015. Catwoman isn't being released until 2016. So thats just one more check in Batgirls 2015 column for me.

Even tho we disagree on who had the better year, I think we can both agree that both Catwoman and Batgirl had a very solid year and have great statues coming in 2016 as well.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #75
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well my B&W Batgirl arrived...unfortunately her head was busted clean off. She looks good aside from that although she is light as a feather
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #76
PureInvasion

Might have been possible to fix it, but the peg hole inside the neck is all messed up. Oh well...

Old 08-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #77
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It looks like she lost an eye as well. Yikes.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #78
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Well my B&W Batgirl arrived...unfortunately her head was busted clean off. She looks good aside from that although she is light as a feather
Sorry to hear that! There is nothing worse than being excited for a new collectible to arrive only to have it be damaged.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #79
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
It looks like she lost an eye as well. Yikes.
Nah both eyes are there. Just the glare from the sun in the pic
Old 08-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #80
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

(I so agree I can't wait for the Tweeterhead Batgirl)
Anyway after seeing it in the store I remembered how small the B&W's are and realized how much more I was excited for the 1/6. Can't wait to see that purple and yellow on display.

Not that there was anything wrong with the B&W but the other one is my taste
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote