Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-15-2018, 12:04 AM   #721
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually liked Justice League. A bit cheesy but fun nonetheless.
I enjoyed it. All the comedy in the Marvel movies is turning me off of them.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:34 AM   #722
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

There were parts and moments that were endearing. I enjoyed it more than most of the other DC stuff lately. I was pleasantly surprised but had pretty low expectations.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:39 AM   #723
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Off the top of my head the only scene that was in the trailer that was not in the movie was when Superman talks to Alfred.

The rest is pure speculation on your part.
I've already posted about differences in footage earlier in this thread.

With regards to "speculation", forensics based on the directors' existing work allows us to see what were Snyder's contributions and what were Whedon's. We know that Whedon is fond of lame jokes and leering at actresses, whereas these are not attributes found in Snyder's movies (despite him using nudity).

Just look at this "gag", a man's face in a woman's cleavage. So hilarious according to Whedon, it had to be in both Avengers 2 and Justice League.

Either way, I'm tired of apparently defending Snyder since I think both directors suck (Whedon just sucks more).
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:34 AM   #724
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I am seriously contemplating passing on picking up the 4K of this. It was such a disappointment. Not even Wonder Woman could save it. I do think the DCU needs a complete reboot with maybe the exception of Wonder Woman, although I would like to see some improvement in Gals acting which is quite wooden.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #725
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I am seriously contemplating passing on picking up the 4K of this.
It'll be $9.99 or less on Black Friday.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:47 AM   #726
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The sad thing is we are talking about the first live-action Justice League. How could they have ----ed it up so bad?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #727
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The sad thing is we are talking about the first live-action Justice League. How could they have ----ed it up so bad?
They should've just combined some clips from the Timmverse episodes instead, lol.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:30 AM   #728
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I enjoyed it. All the comedy in the Marvel movies is turning me off of them.
exactly!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #729
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
They should've just combined some clips from the Timmverse episodes instead, lol.
Thats the real tragedy isn't it? The animated version of the Justice League is the utter perfect representation of those heroes (with the small exception of the first few Flash appearances, where he does come across a bit like a sex pest at times).

When you have such a monumentally great blueprint for success, why oh why were we subjected to the Justice League we got.

I really liked Man of Steel and despite it's flaws I enjoy BVS too (one of the most epic soundtracks in history too IMHO), but Justice League? Sigh.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #730
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I’d go for a story reboot. I have nothing against the actors. I think they have all done an admirable job given the bad scripts. And while Gal’s acting is lacking, she is improving and her personal charisma goes a long way. Cavil has not been given the chance to play the Superman we all want except for about 5 minutes in Justice League. It’s just shame to waste money, time and talent to produce a mediocre Man of Steel and crappy BvS and Justice League.

Snyder needs to take a big part of the blame for the failure. He treated the DCU with the same cynical and nihilistic views as the Watchmen universe. Snyder seems to be in love with Miller’s and Moore’s work. While the Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen were both important pieces of work, those perspectives of super heroes are not what most people love about the DCU. And cynicism and nihilism don’t equal “gritty reaslism”.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote