I don't know what they are planning for this Prof X,
Their first RC statue.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:49 AM   #32
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I'm gonna be pissed if the other chair doesn't hover. I don't think that's too much to ask.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:07 PM   #33
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
They need to include BOTH, right? There is not much to the environment anyway so it makes sense to have the 2 options.
Exactly. This isn't a matter of them creating an "environment" just to make one. It is the essence of the character.

Not hard to keep the torso the same and change out his lower half. Need only two portraits. One with cerebro, one without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
They have done that in the past, but that lead to a huge amount of complaints and XM have listened. If you notice for the last 6-8 months every statue they have previewed has a downsized and more displayable base. They are trying to reduce overall costs as well as shipping costs for us the collector. I don't know what they are planning for this Prof X, but I know that including both chairs would lead to a big increase in cost and a huge shipper box. Most people would only display one chair, so I think it would be smart if they sold them separately.
This argument would hold water with me if the chair wasn't the entire essence of the character. It's like creating Darkness without the minions. IMO, XM better not use logic to cut shipping costs down now -- give Prof X buyers both chairs. Its going to look like a cash grab if you make people who would like BOTH chairs to buy TWO statues.

Perhaps they will go the route of allowing people to buy an extra chair if needed, but then the debate becomes why is one chair the "preferred" version and the other the add-on.

And people use their extra parts. It's not like we are talking about an ugly EX portrait, or an arm. People who buy this piece will use both chairs. It's a brand new statue to look at!

Quote:
I'm gonna be pissed if the other chair doesn't hover. I don't think that's too much to ask.
Other chair? Confused....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Their first RC statue.
I don't know what "RC" means. Help a girl out?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:17 PM   #34
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I don't know what "RC" means. Help a girl out?
Radio controlled.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:27 PM   #35
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:

Other chair? Confused....
The previews show it offering either Xavier's hover chair or his wheelchair. How it will be offered is the big question.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:53 PM   #36
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Radio controlled.
Could you imagine?!

I haven't heard that term in years, that's why it didn't ring a bell.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:55 PM   #37
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
The previews show it offering either Xavier's hover chair or his wheelchair. How it will be offered is the big question.
Oh for sure. That's what my rant is about. IMO it should be both chairs for the price of the piece. Don't make people have to choose. Done and done.

Also doesn't seem cheaper if you give the options between chairs because two molds are going to have to be created anyway....
Old 01-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #38
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So many people have been waiting for this (me included). The best scenario would be for them to offer 2 statues 1 hover and 1 wheelchair and then sell the switch-outs separately if you want to display both. That cuts on overall shipping and allows collectors to buy what they want.. kind of a la cart.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:59 PM   #39
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Radio controlled.
Seriously!!?

Here I am after 30 years of thinking it was "Remote Controlled"
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:00 PM   #40
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Their first RC statue.

Quote:
This argument would hold water with me if the chair wasn't the entire essence of the character. It's like creating Darkness without the minions. IMO, XM better not use logic to cut shipping costs down now -- give Prof X buyers both chairs. Its going to look like a cash grab if you make people who would like BOTH chairs to buy TWO statues.

Perhaps they will go the route of allowing people to buy an extra chair if needed, but then the debate becomes why is one chair the "preferred" version and the other the add-on.

And people use their extra parts. It's not like we are talking about an ugly EX portrait, or an arm. People who buy this piece will use both chairs. It's a brand new statue to look at!
I get where you are coming from. I just know they've been copping a lot of flack regarding overall costs, shipping costs, and base sizes and they've been trying to do something about it. Knowing that, I feel like you are going to be disappointed with the PO structure. Obviously there are people like you who want both chairs and would be willing to pay more to have them both in one package. But there will also be customers who don't want both chairs and would rather pick the one they want and get it for a cheaper cost and much cheaper shipping due to a reduced box size. They can't win here, as either way people are going to be upset.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote