Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-27-2021, 07:42 AM   #3821
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
They might not be, but it's been a little bit. And who wants to be the guy picked after Forge and Silver Samurai?

Sinister and Apocalypse should be way before Toad.
Isn’t Scarlet Witch after them?

I don’t know how long it’s been since the last preorder went up but they seem to have a good amount of pieces in this line that haven’t shipped yet, including lesser knowns like Silver Samurai and Forge and populars like Quicksilver, Nightcrawler and Deadpool. Makes me think that characters like Havok, Polaris, Toad, Banshee, Domino, etc, are still possible.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:18 AM   #3822
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
But Rocket Racoon, Groot and Taskmaster were all “you’ll never see them from SS” type of characters at one point, too. I think character selection falls into 2 categories: more likely and not likely right now which doesn’t mean never.
im pretty sure those characters being featured in movies was a BIG factor in why those characters were made
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #3823
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Isn’t Scarlet Witch after them?

I don’t know how long it’s been since the last preorder went up but they seem to have a good amount of pieces in this line that haven’t shipped yet, including lesser knowns like Silver Samurai and Forge and populars like Quicksilver, Nightcrawler and Deadpool. Makes me think that characters like Havok, Polaris, Toad, Banshee, Domino, etc, are still possible.
Yeah Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were the latest, but those sure looks more like savvy Wandavision capitalization than dedication to the X-Men. And yes plenty still have to ship, it'll be a while until Forge and everyone else are all out.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:22 AM   #3824
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
im pretty sure those characters being featured in movies was a BIG factor in why those characters were made
Well yeah of course. Aside from the movie with Taskmaster isn’t out yet and the average non comic reader/browser still has no clue who that is. I’m just saying things change. I see so often “that character will NEVER be made” when all it takes is a popularity boost, no matter where it comes from, and that character can be made. I remember when I first started buying statues and collectors would even say “(insert random character) won’t ever be made again!” and at this point there’s like 3-5 different versions of (insert random character).

Also the opposite can occur. I doubt a 1/4 Skaar will be made any time soon, yet years ago that was a very popular statue because of how it looked (because Lord knows most of the people who bought it didn’t know a thing about the character). And Hawkeye merchandise is still low despite movie appearances and playing a considerably larger role in the top grossing movie of all time. Nothing is definite.
Old 05-28-2021, 12:07 PM   #3825
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Well yeah of course. Aside from the movie with Taskmaster isn’t out yet and the average non comic reader/browser still has no clue who that is. I’m just saying things change. I see so often “that character will NEVER be made” when all it takes is a popularity boost, no matter where it comes from, and that character can be made. I remember when I first started buying statues and collectors would even say “(insert random character) won’t ever be made again!” and at this point there’s like 3-5 different versions of (insert random character).

Also the opposite can occur. I doubt a 1/4 Skaar will be made any time soon, yet years ago that was a very popular statue because of how it looked (because Lord knows most of the people who bought it didn’t know a thing about the character). And Hawkeye merchandise is still low despite movie appearances and playing a considerably larger role in the top grossing movie of all time. Nothing is definite.
I get what you're saying. Never say never. But I think people say "never" as in these companies will never do it on there own initiative the way Bowen did, or the way XM started out.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #3826
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I get what you're saying. Never say never. But I think people say "never" as in these companies will never do it on there own initiative the way Bowen did, or the way XM started out.
Pepperidge far. Remembers when XM made characters no one else had done. Those were the days.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:15 PM   #3827
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sideshow needs to hurry up with the new X-Men reveals man...

I alrdy PO'd XM Psylocke, getting Beast today... Archangel and Apocalypse will probably be coming soon in the next 3 months. Meanwhile, SS still hasn't release Storm for PO yet..
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:50 AM   #3828
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
They might not be, but it's been a little bit. And who wants to be the guy picked after Forge and Silver Samurai?

Sinister and Apocalypse should be way before Toad.

What's wrong with Forge and Silver Samurai?

I agree on that last point, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 04:09 AM   #3829
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post

What's wrong with Forge and Silver Samurai?

I agree on that last point, though.
Lol. Poor Forge. Him and Banshee though are probably the 2 most disrespected X-Men who served during major eras. If they had been included on the iconic X-Men #1 cover I think they’d be more acknowledged because they were certainly around before and after then.

Old 05-30-2021, 04:16 AM   #3830
Peedi
The Secret Six

I just thought about when Professor X met the newer X-Men of the time…who are these people? Lol

Also when Beast found out there were new X-Men. I don’t think people realize how long he was not an X-Man in the comics.

Thunderbird should’ve listened to Cyclops.