Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #51
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbata View Post
The way Prime1/MegaHouse did the Kamehameha effect is really neat I have to admit.

But I am not too impressed by the statue after seeing Figure Class' work for Dragon Ball and owning one of their statues.

Can't keep up with UI Goku 1/4 by FC imo.

Maybe it looks better in person, but imo the base is boring and the facial expression isn't perfect.
This is fine...i guess...i never really understood what they did with the hair, feels like there's a piece missing....base effect is nice...

To be honest Super isn't a great show and Ultra Instinct is just a real "EEEEHHHH" transformation imo...i know a lot of the dude bros go gaga over OMG GOKU SO MUCH POWER NOW but that's not really Dragon Ball for me...and if i'm buying a $600-$900 1/4 statue of Goku it's gonna be something more iconic and definitive which i feel this is more that...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #52
RyluzZ
Justice League

I AM ON BOARD! GIVE ME A VEGETA AND GOHAN ASWELL PLS!
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:35 PM   #53
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
For me this is the first 1/4 piece i've seen where they got it so right, i'm super picky when it comes to Dragon Ball and a lot of these unlicensed pieces don't cut it in hand.

Prime 1 enter and instantly go to the top of the list. Almost every unlicensed falls short in likeness and/or anatomy. It's just an obvious difference in the quality/talent of their artists.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:57 AM   #54
KELPIE
New Republic

I'd take a Krillin and a Piccolo.

If they looked better as a line by adding Goku, then I'd consider him.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:57 AM   #55
Kamib
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
I really like goku statue but not the base so much.. i like much more the tsume vegeta one
Not feeling the base either.
Kamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:58 AM   #56
Kamib
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Fixed
Jojo would be epic!
Kamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:13 AM   #57
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamib View Post
Not feeling the base either.
Shelnong wrapping around the base is definitely the weakest part of the statue but it doesn't put me off to much and it does bring a nice bit of colour to it.

Also i do prefer just the dragon ball on there rather than Dragon Ball Z being slapped on the front.....never liked bases with names on them.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:54 AM   #58
arbata
Doh!

Quote:
This is fine...i guess...i never really understood what they did with the hair, feels like there's a piece missing....base effect is nice...

To be honest Super isn't a great show and Ultra Instinct is just a real "EEEEHHHH" transformation imo...i know a lot of the dude bros go gaga over OMG GOKU SO MUCH POWER NOW but that's not really Dragon Ball for me...and if i'm buying a $600-$900 1/4 statue of Goku it's gonna be something more iconic and definitive which i feel this is more that...
Yeah I understand why people are not into Super. The art style and overall atmosphere is quite different from DBZ, but it got a lot better with the Tournament of Power imo.

So I get why someone would prefer getting this over the UI statue, especially as P1s pieces are nearly identical to the prototype and this is licensed.

I still feel that FCs sculpts are more anime accurate without any added details like all of these other pieces out there, so I'll be waiting for a Cell or Dragon Fist Goku by them
arbata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:42 AM   #59
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Been needing a good Goku in my collection. I got a little bitty cheapo off ebay a long time ago but been waiting for something in 1/4. May be my first Prime1 purchase if the timing and price is right.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #60
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think it looks cool, especially if you want 1:4 Goku. I really like the base too.

Quote:
I know what people are saying when they say they want a hyper detailed statue because it's more money....

But i don't want that, i want statues that are true to the art style and series, including details where there is none really doesn't work for me...especially when it comes to Toriyamas work...i think what P1 have done here is a perfect combination of varied colours and shading to keep the anime aesthetic....rather than adding unnecessary textures.
Same, That's why I love the PCS He-Man or other anime/cartoon based pieces that have smoother skin but a lot of people dislike that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
someone do outlaw star

please
I want a OVA Hitokiri Battousai Kenshin sooooo bad!!!
Also if Prime1 ever does a comic/cartoon Spawn, I will lose my ----!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote