Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
yodanut
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Truly a Black Friday

Well, today the unimaginable has happened. I was adding an extra shelf to my display case and the entire right side of my Star Wars display came crashing down.....I stood there holding it together seeing all those statues broken at my feet petrified that the left side would fall as well. I couldn't move. Thank God my roommate was home and he unloaded the case while I kept the unit from completely crashing down. Thankfully my GG busts and Attakus statues were on the left side so they were spared.....what did get demolished were nearly all my Clone Wars maquettes (yes even including Amidala), Cinemacast Vader, the GG Dewback, GG Speederbike, GG Tauntaun, and a set of Hong Kong resin caricatures of the OT characters that was very hard for me to track down.

My roommate is a lot more optimistic than me and thinks he can fix most of them. He customizes figures from time to time and he's very detail oriented but I don't share his optimism.

I'm crossing my fingers that Danny still has a Barris Offee and a Grevious because those are beyond repair. Obi-Wan and the Clone Trooper were busted in quite a few places and my roommate has already glued most of the pieces we could - but honestly they need to be replaced too. Amidala....her wrist snapped off and at this stage you can see the seam...but I have no choice but to continue all efforts to try and fix that one. I'm definitely not buying that one again.

Strangely enough, the SS Obi and SS Vader were at the bottom of the shelves and everything crashed over them and almost nothing happened to them. Those suckers are strong.

I kinda feel like throwing up and I've been awake all night nursing the pieces, matching fragments and just being miserable...feels like I'm building a jigsaw puzzle that will never come close to the original.

It's 4:30AM and I'll probably just sleep the whole weekend. Jesse, I apologize but I'm just not in the happiest of moods and I know I'll just be miserable company. I was looking forward to going to your BBQ though.

Deadpool, I hope you read this so you don't take the Secret Wars figures I was going to take a look at.

D Rod...Sorry bro...I'll pick up MK next time I go to your office.

Well....I apologize for the whine-fest...but I had to vent. If anyone has any professional tips on how to fix these statues...especially my Clone Wars maquettes, I'd really appreciate it.
yodanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Horrible, a collector's worst nightmare.

Hopefully most can be repaired or replaced without too much trouble or expense.

Sorry.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:06 AM   #3
Boerboel
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Damn dude, I want to puke just reading this! Sorry man. Tet, you are not kidding man. That is the worst nightmare.
Boerboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:19 AM   #4
Comicboy
Deadman

You have no idea. Just one is bad enough but a whole case...ugh... I definitely would vomit for days. Sorry to hear that Yoda. Seeing as your buddy has some skills, can he match paint? If he can, pick up some Aves. You should be able to fix damn near everything with that. Put up a thread over in the Sculptors Corner and get their help. Great helpful lot those folks in there. They can probably lead you to someone that could fix them for you too if you want to go that route. Damn man that really blows. I'd cry if I broke a Dewback.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:34 AM   #5
Colossus
Loki

Sorry to hear that I think every one that has a display case cringes at a story like that it is only time I am jelous of the "non-unpackers"
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #6
rychehitman
Galactus

I am sorry to hear this happen to anybody....

but isnt there some kind of unwritten rule, that when this DOES happen you need to post pics!

Sort of like a public service announcement?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #7
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

WOW! That Sux! I hope your room mate can fix them up for you!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
Hotdogs 247
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Sorry to hear that.
Hotdogs 247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #9
Primal
Batman

I know the dreaded feeling of helplessness one feels watching their statues fall like that. Had it happen to me once with a few busts. I've learned to be much more careful in the future. From now on I make sure everything is cleared before making adjustments to a display.

Solidarity bro!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #10
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

I'm so sorry to hear that, man!
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote