Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
I have been collecting for several years now and it all started with the daredevil red bowen full size for me. After several years of craming my closets and then moving my stuff to storage I may finally get to display all my items. I took a really hard look at the amount of statues I have bought and to my surprise I am totally filled up in storage space (drew can atest to this, he helped me move 6 large construction balck bags filled with bowen full sizes to the storage unit when I first got it). I also keep some at my mothers home, some dc stuff and figures I bought along the way, Now I look at all these things and realize there is no way I can display everything given my limited space. I wonder how did I all these statues, I try not to think about the amount of money I spent.
Now I am realizing that I have to get rid of a lot of things, I guess getting them out and listing them is the right step.
Has anyone bought so much things that they wonder what they were thinking or how did they get out of control??? and how did you go about getting rid of stuff.....
I hear you bro. I've been trimming my collection way down. I'll probably start moving most of my busts. Fact of the matter is that most of us are insane. You have to own a big home and even then you would have to devote a full room to it. It's insane and unrealistic. Not sure what I'm going to sell and what I'm going to keep.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #12
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
I hear you bro. I've been trimming my collection way down. I'll probably start moving most of my busts. Fact of the matter is that most of us are insane. You have to own a big home and even then you would have to devote a full room to it. It's insane and unrealistic. Not sure what I'm going to sell and what I'm going to keep.
keep your gold bucky and your gold iron fist when it comes out.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #13
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
That's my plan.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #14
Deadpool
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
Yeah, it will match his Thor's gold Boots!!!
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #15
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodanut
I'm going through the same thing, sniper. But for me the outrageous excess is in toys. I have literally filled up half my two car garage with the stuff I have amassed over the years. It's just soooo much stuff and oddly enough I'm still having trouble drawing the line.

I have two rooms to display my stuff....one is for the statues and the other is going to be for toys. The statue room had a big setback with that disaster that occurred this past Friday but as I'm looking through them....I'll be getting rid of lots of statues soon. many I bought only because of "gotta have it"-itis and will be getting rid of those on ebay soon.

The toys will be more difficult since that's what I truly love....I got into statues more out of a whim and although I can appreciate them, toys are what really help me destress and make me happy. So if you figure out a clear cut method to getting rid of stuff, please let me know.
Looks like I sold to you at the right time!
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #16
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

My new rule is, if I can't display it, I shouldn't own it. If I get something which NEEDS to be displayed, something else comes out of the display case and gets sold. I also find that limiting myself to 1 version of a character is the easiest way to limit my collection. Of course, saying I'm going to sell something is easier than actually doing it, but I've found that once the piece is gone, I don't really miss it
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #17
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
Of course, saying I'm going to sell something is easier than actually doing it,
that is I think my biggest problem.....
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #18
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

i'm down to 29 pieces, and I don't miss any of the ones that I've sold, including the Bowen Captain America FS and Classic Iron man FS.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #19
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
My new rule is, if I can't display it, I shouldn't own it. If I get something which NEEDS to be displayed, something else comes out of the display case and gets sold. I also find that limiting myself to 1 version of a character is the easiest way to limit my collection. Of course, saying I'm going to sell something is easier than actually doing it, but I've found that once the piece is gone, I don't really miss it
thats why i gave those, and yeah once it's gone who cares.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #20
yodanut
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
Looks like I sold to you at the right time!

Nah, I like my FS Daredevil. That one's a keeper.
yodanut is offline   Reply With Quote