Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #181
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus-El View Post
Update: so Sideshow (guess they are not reaching out to PCS) saying I’m sh*t out of luck. Here’s a $45 coupon.
With an eye like that i would send the piece back and get a refund. Then wait for a good one to show up else where, like ebay for example.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #182
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The gym version looks so much better. If she goes on discount, I’ll buy it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #183
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Update: so Sideshow (guess they are not reaching out to PCS) saying I’m sh*t out of luck. Here’s a $45 coupon.
Well that sucks monkey ballz. Same 'solution' is waiting for me I guess. Can't deal with a missing hair strand on the smiling head and the misplaced eye decal on the serious head plus scratch nose. Will be sending mine back for a full refund and have to chase dhl for refunding the money paid on Customs. How the hell did they run out of replacements for this piece so fast? And the qc sure sucks.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:28 PM   #184
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Have you tried reaching out on the PCS group Facebook page or even to Ant here on the forum?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #185
dao2
Cyclops

Send it back if SS won't fix it :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #186
vinnnie
Luke Cage

So the reg is soldout on SS's page but the excl is on waitlist. So it's not soldout yet. Bet they will sell the returned ones to some other customer who is not aware of what a mess he is getting.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #187
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
So the reg is soldout on SS's page but the excl is on waitlist. So it's not soldout yet. Bet they will sell the returned ones to some other customer who is not aware of what a mess he is getting.
I think it can be true !
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #188
vinnnie
Luke Cage

This really sucks... got a response back from SS's CS:

Thank you for your patience while I worked to find a resolution for your Sakura Classic Scale Exclusive Statue.

Please know that upon review of your photos, we have found that your request regarding the smiling head appears to be a common variation. Please keep in mind that all of these collectibles are hand-crafted and hand-painted by individual artists, so there will be slight variations in the cast, fit, paint application, and detail work between pieces.

Due to the additional issue that you have reported to the non-smiling head, however, I am happy to proceed with your inquiry. Sadly, however, upon thorough inspection of our replacement stock, I’m disappointed to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Please review the options below, and let me know how you wish to proceed.

If you wish to return the item for a-full refund, I can arrange this for you at Sideshow's expense. In this case, you would receive a refund of all money paid directly to Sideshow, including original shipping costs and non-refundable deposit.

If you wish to keep the item as is, I can offer you a $50.00 credit as compensation in the form of a-Sideshow Gift Card.-Please be aware that accepting this credit will close your inquiry, and you will no longer be eligible for an additional replacement/exchange/refund for this item after taking this credit offer.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed by-August 05, 2020, so I can get this taken care of for you as quickly as possible. I look forward to hearing back from you and resolving this matter.

Best Regards,

Paul
Sideshow Support

Such bs, broken off and missing hairstrands common? Don't think so. Also $50 giftcard if I decided to keep it? I'm thinking of sending it back but will have a hard time getting back the money I paid on Customs (€150!).
Old 07-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #189
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Didn’t even know both versions are WL now :/. Oh well.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #190
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Statues are too much risk sometimes, and ultimately not worth the headache. Action figures and Hot Toys have so much more upside in the aftermarket, and often even look better than the statues.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote