Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-08-2019, 11:21 PM   #2941
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Their plan evidently works. Got me to hop on waitlist for her. Agree about Miles too. He has got to be one of my favorites. Brilliant sculpt and beautiful paint colors. Never understood the hate for him, but same can probably be said of Psylocke.
Yup it definitely works.

See Juggernaut. I jumped on and converted. Still hesitant with the price tag though.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:55 AM   #2942
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Thank you for the proper pics... been waiting for someone to post in-hand pics using a modern camera...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The photo is the best photo of the production piece posted to date. Congrats to all those that ordered and like the piece. It still rates as an easy pass for me, along with the Emma Frost PF - which not only had a wonky eye but a cheap looking base paint app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbottaker View Post
Thanks for your photos.
Agreed, the best taken pic of portrait so far.
Trying my best to help out on what it looks like in person. Thank you for the compliments. I would have responded earlier, this month has been hectic at work. The extra hours though, will help tons with purchases
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:55 AM   #2943
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

*Double post*
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:42 AM   #2944
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is on "Wait List" already, wow! Feels like an attempt at manufacturing a fake sense of scarcity to drive demand up. Or maybe people just want a Psylocke since SS hasn't done one in recent times (that is why I was tempted).
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:06 AM   #2945
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
This is on "Wait List" already, wow! Feels like an attempt at manufacturing a fake sense of scarcity to drive demand up. Or maybe people just want a Psylocke since SS hasn't done one in recent times (that is why I was tempted).
How many have been picked up by stores, only to be sold down the line heavily discounted?
If you walked into a store and spotted Psylocke PF sitting on a shelf, would you part with $585.00 ?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:14 AM   #2946
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
How many have been picked up by stores, only to be sold down the line heavily discounted?
If you walked into a store and spotted Psylocke PF sitting on a shelf, would you part with $585.00 ?
If she’s on the shelf next to Elektra and X-23, she’s going to look like the girl that no one asks to dance.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:27 AM   #2947
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If she’s on the shelf next to Elektra and X-23, she’s going to look like the girl that no one asks to dance.
What if Elektra, X-23 and Rogue are already on the dance floor and Psylocke is stood next to Emma Frost
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:09 AM   #2948
Abbottaker
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Psylocke is now on Waitlist, EX and REG. The market is scooping up what they can find. For fun, go check out updated EBay prices on any of the Psylocke pieces. Maybe even watch this piece.

And now folks are speculating that Sideshow made a magic number of units they knew in their wisdom would sell out just so that this one and only piece would not have stock unlike all their other pieces AND sell out virtually after they get it in stock.

Or maybe Sideshow is reading these forums and making business decisions on the large variety of people posting in this thread, like maybe 10.

And then in collectors wisdom if Sideshow made a smaller ES because of the backlash and maybe even less, you're going to wait for them to invest money again on this same character? Or maybe start production on the previous head that was not well received initially but now is the Helen of Troy? Ohh wait, hopes are on XM to make your perfect piece.

Ohh wait! People spent north of $600 just because they needed to complete their X-Men line but really don't like this. Or just needed a Psylocke. Or or or.

Or it just sold out, Sideshow is happy, fans of this piece are happy, and the rest are really just wondering if they missed out.

You did.

Say hello to the aftermarket.....

If something is sold out, prices are rising. It has nothing to do with how much this statue is good or bad. Same with comics books, OHC, omnibuses. Specially on Ebay, so not a good sign if we have missed something or not.

What´s odd is I can still order it here in Czech rep from my local retailer who is dependent on EU distributor. And usually there is no way we have statues here rdy to be ordered while its sold out in US etc. Not sayin it proves something though, but its not common...

...anyway, still not gonna order her, even if I can, due to the fact that while the face is not that big fail, like others are saying and I tend to like the asian portrait better then the original one, its just not good enough to me to pull the trigger.

So yeah, I will say hello to the aftermarket, but when I will search for a different statue .-)
Abbottaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #2949
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Dude, Foxgod, it's the SAME jacked up face it's been since they replaced the beautiful original head. It has ALWAYS been this unattractive. You're just late to the party and trying to come up with some logic as to why it's taken this long to join the massess. It's ok to just say -- "yea, I was wrong. It's not that great."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So about this video - two things.

First, I think this guy got one of the better faces because it look proto and off the SS video. Doesn't make me love it, but still.

Second, the EX hand with the psyblade has odd coloring. Why is the blue part her suit (around the elbow) a totally different color, almost black? Her wrist that is exposed isn't a different color, it's the same blue as the rest of her suit. The underside and straps are almost black. It's not shadow either.

Do all of the Psylocke's EX arms do that?
idk
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #2950
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't because I am one of those who can't really get over the portrait. I might buy it if it got heavily discounted to like $450
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote